𝟑|𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂 𝐓𝐔𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

I sat on the couch in total darkness, tears uncontrollably streaming down my face

I sat on the couch in total darkness, tears uncontrollably streaming down my face. Left alone to my thoughts and nothing else.

4.35 AM

The only source of light being from my phone, engulfed my face as i checked the screen for any sort of contact from him. None.

Am I overreacting? Is it childish to feel this upset?

This is the one day i was hoping he'd be there longer than he has before. I know he's busy, more than anyone i know. And i try everyday to understand his position. And i know he has it hard, taking over an entire business, that's well established all around the world must be daunting and tiring but i just don't get it. Why not tell me?

Why didn't he even call me?

As i got home i sluggishly took off my dress and shoes, wiping off what's left of my makeup that was already washed away from my tears.

Taking a long shower in the colossal bathroom that felt even more emptying in my heart.

"This is burning off my skin Antheia!" Adam retorted, fighting me off to reach the shower handle to change the temperature, not long before finding the perfect warmth for the both of us then placing wet kisses on my face, trailing my chin and down my neck. His large arms grabbing me from my waist, dragging my naked body pressing it against his.

I felt myself drown as i remember all of our times together in every part of the apartment.

Why does it feel like it's the end?

Putting on an oversized tee i dragged my feet to the couch, not even sure about what i'm waiting for anymore.

I could suddenly hear dangling of keys on the other side of the door before it pushed open. My heart sank and my breathing ragged. I hurriedly wiped the tears off my face, putting on a brave face as i watched him walk through the door. Sighing deeply and his head slumped.

His eyes widened as he saw me seated on the couch, immediately switching on the lights and rushing to me.

"Antheia i- i'm so sorry, please let me explain" He cajoled rushingly, his chocolate brown eyes desperately searching for mine. His warm hands reached out to clasp mine.

I could feel the lump in my throat widen, hindering me from speaking. All i could do was disappointingly watch his face. A face that brought me so much happiness everyday, a face i yearned to see every day. The person I burned for.

"What" I whispered meekly, almost entirely inaudible.

"I was on my way i really was but then i got caught up with a meeting from the board in Hong Kong and then the one in England, i couldn't get out of it i really fucking tried"

I felt disappointment overcome me, i couldn't bring myself to utter another word.

"For so long?"