𝟏𝟑|𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘

Adam drove into a strangely familiar alley, brows knitted as i aggressively looked left and right trying to figure out the similarities of the place

Adam drove into a strangely familiar alley, brows knitted as i aggressively looked left and right trying to figure out the similarities of the place. Having parked his car, he swiftly got out, walking towards what seemed like a garage door of sorts.

Oh my god.

"The carnival?" I called out as i got out of the car, my eyes wide with disbelief. A toothy grin forming on my face.

We haven't been here since our first date, its just been sitting here for a whole year with no visitors at all. Sure, there are maintenance people that come by every now and again to check to see if the rides are working and fix any faulty wiring, clean up the place and such, but no one has actually visited the place, to have fun.

A proud smile on his face, he reached out to grab my hand, leading me inside the carnival.

I could feel a gush of a bittersweet feeling flood inside of me. I remember our first date all too well. The haunted house, where Adam got too scared to admit, that he clung onto my hand tightly. The baby ride where he was clearly too big to fit inside. The go karting where he chased after me.

I couldn't help but smile as i took in the sight of the carnival. "What do you wanna do first?" He queried, gripping on my hand, watching me look around my surroundings completely awestruck.

Without uttering a word, i tugged at him with me to a place that felt all too deserving to be inside again. Leading him for a change, he let me drag him, a confused expression over his face.

"Let's redo that moment in here" taking off my shoes as I slowly climbed inside the ball pit, a surprised look but a warm smile formed on his face.

I remember how close we got that night, the fun we had in the ball pit. We were both vulnerable, and completely open with each other, but my walls eventually shut him out. Turning the rest of the night inside here, sour.

Still holding onto my hand, he climbed inside, partially excited to play again.

"So, what do you think?"

Flashbacks from that night were knocking inside my head.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, i could see his chocolate brown eyes peering into mine. "I think, I couldn't be happier being here, and even more, with you"

A warm smile appeared over his face, before he slowly leaned forward to kiss me. Grabbing me tightly around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Here we are, at the very same place a year from now, where it all almost began.

We spent hours, rightfully so, riding every ride inside the carnival, albeit there wasn't much to begin with, but wearing ourselves out with arcade games.

"OW FOR FUCK SAKE" Adam would yell in irritation as he bumped into another mirror yet again. I personally believe doing the hall of mirrors with him was a big mistake considering he's even clumsier than i am, not to mention he's got the same mobility as a five year old in here.