𝟒𝟏|𝐈𝐓'𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌

A mess

A mess. That's what this has turned into. A fucking mess. I haven't seen or heard from Adam since the party. it's almost been a week. Calls aren't going through, he's not responding to texts, he's just gone.

And it's not just with me, the gang can't reach him either, which is beyond strange, and almost impossible for him considering he needs to be present everyday at work, in both King and Aster building.

"I can't fucking reach him-we don't know where he is" Rhiannon groaned on the other end of the phone, having being piled with all of Adam's work along with hers, she was ready to kill him, and i don't think she's just saying that.

"This is strange, how can we not track him? James and i tried everywhere" At this point in time, i was unfazed by it all. It's Adam King after all, he can do whatever he wants, he can disappear never to be found again.

And i'm just too close to the edge, i just can't take it anymore. Ever since the fight, i haven't been in the right headspace. Just work and back home. He's taken it too far, just too fucking far. The girl's spent the whole week comforting me, convincing me it's not my fault but purely male ego, but still, it is my fault. Isn't it?

I couldn't find it in me to talk to Liam since then, he's been desperately trying to reach out to me, but i just didn't know what to say. I felt overwhelmed with emotion i have been struggling to process since the party. It was eating at my brain.

Am i never gonna see Adam again? Is he just gone? this is all too confusing.

Kicking off my shoes as i got back home, it was a tiring day. Edyth works everyone to the bone, but at least the pay is good, and i did get paid today, It felt extremely rewarding. This is the time where i'm supposed to jumping at my feet to celebrate getting my first paycheck, and if Adam was here, he'd be just as excited.

But instead, here i am. Seated on the couch, the shimmering lights of the skyline flood through the glass walls to illuminate the darkened apartment, leaning my head backwards, i sighed deeply.

What the fuck has become of us?

Pop

opening a soda can, i felt the cold static liquid go down my throat. If he was here, he'd groan about me having one, all judgy eyes and shaking his head.

I can't help but place memories of us together at every part of the apartment. The burning sensation of tears forming on my waterline.

I felt my heart jump, breaking me from my thoughts from the sudden banging on the door.

"ANTHEIA I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE, PLEASE HEAR ME OUT"

Exhaling deeply, i shut my eyes tight. I guess unlike Adam, i can't let this go on for too long. I dragged my feet across to the shuffle the door handle, my heart violently beating. Wait why is it acting up? I have no reason to have heart problems now, i have completely given up over feeling anymore.