𝟐𝟔|𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

Rhiannon paced back and forth in the Kings' room aggressively, her heels violently clicking against the hardwood floor, her hair sweeping along with her movements, "Who the fuck is Rachel?"

I should be the one asking him that, but I'm glad my friend's doing it in exact style I'm internally questioning myself. From the moment we met her, she openly, and in front of me, hit on Adam, unless my radar is way off and it's business talk.

"Uh - she's the director of Yoon corp? They're planning to work with us, and you by the way" he causally added, his hand gripping tightly onto mine, as he sat next to me. For the first time ever, he found himself on a bean bag instead of his own chair, and i can tell he's actually starting to like it.

"W-was she over there, with you?" I whispered to him, not wanting him to sense the urgency in my tone, assume that i was suddenly being untrustworthy, I'm not the one to talk am i?

"Well yeah, she came back with me" he scrunched his eyes, a confused look on his face, wondering why he was being adamantly questioned by the Aster heiress and his girlfriend back and forth.

Audibly gasping, Rhiannon shot a look at me, "oooo bad call" Edward gibed, clearly enjoying the situation in front of him. "What? What's wrong?"

The fact that he's so fucking clueless is both adorable and relieving, he's genuinely too busy to see what was happening in front of him or allow something to happen. "She don't sit right with me" Rhi threatened, "i can sense it" her finger pointing at the head of the kings, its as if the positions have clearly changed, she is the number 2 after all.

"Rhiannon" he asserted, his gaze darkened. "Stop"

"I don't trust them" she fought back, furrowing my brows, I'm starting to sense there's something going deeper here than surface level standing-up-for-my-friend going on with rhi, something very businessy which i definitely can't tell.

Something about Rachel having bad intentions towards both their companies, which is impossible considering Aster and King is literally the most well to do in the whole country, but its impressive how Rhiannon can catch on that quick, she really has a sharp eye. It's time that the head of the King's should change, i mean, what has male leaders ever offered the world aside from war and tragedy anyway?

"Okay we just met her today, we'll keep a close eye, there's 6 of us and one of her" Erika chimed in, trying to calm the growing row between the number 1 and 2 in the Kings, rhi's gaze glaring at Adam. Well to be fair, she's been pretty pissed at the whole world today, except for me, she says I'm her baby. I felt very special to be exempt from her anger, must suck for others. Can't relate.

"No you can't stack plus two on another plus two" Edward whined, clearly having had enough of loosing to me on uno. With Liam being the one that's beating the two of us, having left with his just two cards on his palms. His big brain is clearly helping him win.