Harrygate

Lena wrinkled her nose.  "Well, how's it going with Harrygate?" She asked, having been the one to coin the term amongst their group.

Hope huffed, the wisps of hair falling in front of her face, lifting up slightly before covering her vision once more.  "Right now, I'm focused on Liam and Jolie."

"Well can you get Jolie to stop making all these delicious  desserts!" Lena moaned.  "My waist line, I just, I don't know how long it's going to be there." She said before there was silence then a small moan. 

"Um, Lena?" Hope asked, a bit worried for her friend. 

"Stop me now Hope! Seriously.  I just devoured more than half of Jolie's caramel dutch apple pie. Damn Liam Payne.  I blame him for this!"

A short laughed escaped before Hope could help it.  "I am both pitying you and jealous at the same time."   She looked both ways once more before crossing the street. "You can't blame Liam for your waist line.  Have the will to say no to Jolie's cooking."

"Will, what will.  All of my will disappears as soon as I get even whiff of whatever Jolie's made in her stress.  And I can blame Liam all I want. Its his fault, I swear. Anyway you want to head to the gym with me tonight?"

Hope made a face.  "Um,  not really."

"Hope! Come on, it'll be fun."

"You know those two words don't go together.  Fun and gym."

"You used to love playing flag football." Lena pointed out. 

"I like playing games but just going to the gym to... exercise." She trailed. 

Lena had to laugh.  "How about dinner after gym,  Jolie's cooking."

"Okay, okay, fine!" Hope groaned.  "But I have to leave by eight." She said as she thought, speaking of Liam Payne.

"Why?" Lena inquired.

"None of your business!" Hope exclaimed with a laugh.  "Anyway Lena, I'm going to head onto the subway.  Text me when you want to head to the gym."

"I will, bye Hope."

"Bye," Hope laughed once more before hanging up on her best friend only to have her phone ring once more.  "Wyatt, I'm about to head to the subway!" She answered. 

"Valentine's day, roses or tulips?" He asked quickly. 

Hope stopped right in her tracks.  "Oh my gosh, Wyatt! Who's the lucky girl?" She asked as she tried to squish herself in the corner to be out of traffic's way. 

Wyatt groaned.  "Hope,"

"You can't just ask me a question like that Wyatt and not expect me to ask.  Seriously!"

"I need to make more male best friends I swear." Wyatt muttered only causing Hope to laugh.  "Fine, I'll tell you about her after tomorrow.  Just answer."

"Is she a romantic or more realist? Romance is roses but tulips last longer and are sweet, so maybe if she's more reluctant in the romance department you should buy the latter." 

"Jeez, you females read too much into these things."

"Wyatt!"

"I'm just saying, anyway, thanks Hope. Talk to you later."

"Okay Wyatt, and no quoting Voltaire please or Satre for that matter. I know you like them, but the first guy never married but had a relationship with a married woman most of his life and the latter, yeah." She finished lamely.   She made a face as she recalled Satre, a famous existentialist in history but from pictures she certainly did not know why the women of Europe flocked him.