Last Day of New York

“So your last day of New York is tomorrow.” Hope said curling up on the hotel couch in the midst of their friends.

“Yeah,” Harry gave her a small smile as he ignored Niall’s nudging him to get up and make him a midnight snack. 

Hope was biting her lip as she tried to not smile and laugh at the sight of the two.   “Is there anything I can help plan?” She asked as Harry rolled his eyes and pushed Niall way, telling him to go bother Liam instead. The guy was in a right mood, well sort of, he was at least a lot more hopeful this time around. 

Harry looked up at her, his emerald orbs taking her in, currently clad in one of his jumpers, his dark blue one in fact because it’d only gotten colder as the day progressed. 

Hope’s eyes lashes slowly flitted up to look at him inquisitively.  “Harry?” She asked as Harry simply stared at her. 

“I just want to spend the day with you…” Harry said before he could stop himself.

Hope blinked.  “Me?”

Harry gulped, but he wouldn’t take back the utter truth.  “Once I get back home, its going to be constant press and traveling. I’m not sure if I’ll have time to skype as often or call you.”

Hope’s lips formed an O shape. 

“I just want one more day with you Hope. Just us,” He gestured his head towards their friends, trying to say not them. 

Hope bit her lip as she looked at him, her almond eyes softening.  “I have school almost all day Harry.” She said apologetically. 

Harry licked his lips as he searched her face, trying to see if it was an excuse she was making to softly deflect him. But it wasn’t, Hope wasn’t one to do that, she laid her heart on her sleeve.  Everything about her was genuine.  One of the many reasons why he couldn’t help but fall for her.  Taking a breath, knowing that he was shooting in the dark, he expelled his breath before saying, “I’ll come with you.”

This time Hope blinked once, then twice, not sure if she heard right.  “What?”

Harry’s emerald eyes gleamed, determined.  “I want to spend my last day with you and if it means going  to school with you. So be it.”

Hope bit her lip, cocking her head as she stared at him dumbfounded.  After a minute, a slow sweet smile appeared on her lips.  “Okay…”

Harry smiled this time as her acquiesce.

“But we’ve gotta do a better disguise than your beanie or that hilarious red wig you boys are so fond of.” Hope said trying not to laugh but not being able to.

Harry grinned before he too laughed.

~~~

Hope yawned as she took a sip of her coffee, waiting in the lobby of the hotel room.  Hearing the elevator ping, she stood up straight but laughed when it was only Zayn, Kate, Louis, and Melina. 

“Morning.” Hope smiled as she hugged them. 

“Harry will be down, his mum called this morning to talk about the concert.” Louis explained. 

Hope threw her head back and laughed. “Got it. Where are you four headed?”

Zayn and Kate looked at each other before the latter said Ellis Island. 

“That’s great, and there shouldn’t be too much traffic today for a weekday.” Hope nodded before looking at Louis and Melina. 

“Central Park.” Melina shrugged.