48

CHAPTER 48

"It's coming back," Ramsey says as she catches sight of the drone.
"We'll lose them in the tunnel," Letty tells her as she glances at the drone. The drone fires a missile hitting the back end of Letty's car as they enter the tunnel. The drone follows them into the tunnel before using a machine gun. Letty weaves trying to dodge the bullets. "I can't shake this thing!"
"I'm on my way. Ramsey get ready," Catalina says as she enters the tunnel. Catalina passes Letty before quickly turning around. Catalina passes Letty as Ramsey slides into her car. Letty drives out of the tunnel as the drone locks another missile on her car.

Hobbs drives off of the overpass above the tunnel, landing on the drone. Letty quickly comes to a stop to see what happened. Hobbs pushes out the windshield to the ambulance before walking out of it.
"No way," Letty says with a small smile as she sees Hobbs. Catalina drives out of the tunnel stopping by Letty, having turned around. The drones camera turns towards Hobbs before he shoots it. Hobbs finds the machine gun that was on the drone. "Hey, did you bring the cavalry?"
"Woman, I am the cavalry," Hobbs answers her as he holds the machine gun.
"Of course you are," Letty says with a smile.
"Who is that?" Ramsey asks Catalina confused.
"That's Hobbs," Catalina answers her as Hobbs starts walking through the tunnel. Ramsey let's out a thankful sigh before leaning back against her seat.

"I'm at the repeater," Brian says in his walkie once he makes it to the roof.
"The access cable's in the base," Tej informs him. "Just plug it into your phone and Ramsey will be back online."
"Ramsey, go," Brian says once he connects his phone.
"Brian did it. We're back in!" Ramsey says after typing in her computer. "We've got God's Eye back."
"Tej, Roman, I'm on my way!" Brian says once he makes it out of the building to find a suv outside.
"All right, homie, I'll see you there," Rome answers him.

Letty is driving over when the car beside her blows up causing her to crash. Catalina was behind her and crashes as well.
"Duck!" Catalina yells as Jakande starts shooting at her and Ramsey. "I need some help over here!"
"We're getting nailed! I need some backup!" Letty yells as well over the walkie. Dom hears his sister's and Letty's pleas for help on the walkie. Tej worries about Catalina as Brian drives over. Dom grabs the grenades from Deckard's car before getting into his car. Dom straps into his car as the pilot fires a missile at him. Hobbs takes out the tail rotor of the helicopter as Dom dodges another missile. Dom drives through the parking garage as it crashes around him.
"Don't miss," Dom says as he drives up a piece of the rubble, hitting his NOS. Dom flies through the air as he grabs the bag of grenades. The helicopter tries to pull out of the way but Dom manages to scrap the bottom of the helicopter. Everyone looks in shock as Dom's car falls through the air before the front hits a piece of cement.
"Dom!" Letty and Catalina yell as the car falls through the rubble. Letty, Catalina, and Brian take off running towards Dom's car. Jakande notices the bag of grenades on the helicopter. Hobbs pulls out his pistol as he also notices the bag before shooting it, causing it to explode along with the helicopter. Hobbs is the first one to Dom's car since he was closer, before pulling away the two slabs of cement blocking the door. Brian reaches Hobbs before helping him remove the door.
"Come on, buddy," Brian says as he and Hobbs pull Dom's unconscious body from the car.
"Is he breathing?" Catalina asks as Letty lays his head in her lap.
"I want you to keep his head tilted up, all right?" Brian tells Letty as he checks for a pulse. "Keep it back like this." Brian starts chest compressions. "Pinch his nose, keep his head tilted. Breathe into him, now. Go." Letty breathes into Dom as Catalina backs up as she cries. Tej pulls Catalina into hug which she gladly accepts as she continues to cry. "Good. Come on, Dom. Come on!" Ramsey starts crying as she and the others watch. "God damn it! You come on! You breathe! Go, go! Breathe." Letty gives Dom another breath. "Come on, Dom, I need you to breathe. Come on! Come on, Dom!" Letty start crying as she realizes that it's not working before she puts her hand on Brian's.
"Stop it," Letty tells Brian before she shoves him. "Back off!"
"Will you stop?" Brian asks her with a glare. "Breathe into him."
"Get off of him!" Letty yells at Brian. "Back off! Back off!" Brian falls backwards as Letty cries. Rome helps Brian up as Letty leans down to Dom. "Dom, baby. I know you're hurting right now. But I want you to listen. Stay awake and focus on me." Everyone backs up, letting Letty have her moment with Dom. "I remember everything.  It came to me like a flood. I remember that night in the Dominican Republic. The night we got married."  Catalina and Brian look over at her shocked, because they didn't even know they were married. "If you die, I die," Letty says as she remembers and wraps his necklace around their hands. "And I'm not ready to leave this place yet. This moment is still ours. I remember everything. I remember it all."
"It's about time," Dom says causing Letty to let out a laugh as he opens his eyes. Everyone looks over at the sound of his voice in shock.
"Why didn't you tell me we were married?" Letty asks him before placing a kiss on his head.
"Because you can't tell someone they love you," Dom answers her as he looks up at her before she kisses him.
"Holy shit," Catalina says before she rushes over to her brother.