22

CHAPTER 22

"This is crazy," Rome says after they had returned to their hideout. "We are not in Brazil. So, now we got cars flying in the air? On some 007-type shit? This is not what we do!"

"Man, you really got to check that emotion," Tej says as he and Rome walk over to Han and Gisele. "Your voice just went from Shaggy to Scooby-Doo. This is not what we roo roo." Gisele laughs as Rome glares at Tej.

"See, man, when a woman starts shooting at you, that's a clear sign to back the fuck off!" Rome tells him before looking at everyone. "We need to get the hell out of Dodge! That could have been my forehead, man."

"No. That's not as big as your forehead," Tej retorts before walking off as Han and Gisele smile. Rome glares at Tej before touching his forehead.

Letty and Catalina are the last to return to the new hideout.

"Ivory!" Letty says before tossing him her keys. "It's going to need some repairs."

"No problem, treacle," Ivory tells her before they walk over to the others.

"You good?" Catalina asks as she looks over at her.

"Yeah," Letty answers her.

"Okay, listen up," Owen says as he turns to face everyone. "That was a very different breed from Hobbs' usual wannabe warriors. We need to learn who these people are, what they're made of. Vegh?" Vegh brings over a file before opening it to reveal Brian's profile on top.

"O'Conner, Parker," Vegh says as she throws their profiles forward. "Pearce, Toretto, and the rest of the team."

"These guys are common criminals," Ivory says as he flips through Tej's profile.

"Tonight these common criminals were seconds away from taking us down," Owen tells him as he flips through Brian's profile. "Show them the respect they deserve, or it weakens us."

"You might want to see these," Jah says before handing two pictures to Owen.

"And this," Ivory says as he hands Owen another picture. The first picture is a close up picture of Dom with Letty sitting in his lap. The second is the same picture but not as close, showing Dom, Letty, Mia, Brian, Leon, Jesse, Vince, and Catalina. The third picture is of Catalina and Tej kissing in front of the garage he had opened after the heist.

"Ring any bells?" Owen says as he sets the pictures down to where the girls can see them. Catalina glances at the pictures as she and Letty walk over.

"Yeah," Letty answers him. "That's the guy I shot." Catalina keeps her face neutral as she hopes that her brother is okay. Owen looks at Catalina expectantly.

"That's the team I used to be apart of, some of them being my siblings," Catalina answers as she looks at Owen with a shrug.

"You both look happy," Owen states trying to get a reaction out of the girls.

"I don't remember him," Letty tells him.

"I left because they didn't fit my code," Catalina says causing a look of surprise to flash over Owen's eyes. Catalina knew she was being tested but she was also testing him.

"That's bullshit," Klaus says causing Catalina to glare at him. "We got a problem guys. We got pictures of them with the guys who almost took us out."

"Klaus, aren't you team muscle?" Letty asks him with a glare. "Don't make me go over there and make you team pussy."

"She doesn't remember him," Owen states to stop things from escalating. "Names and records aren't enough. I want personal information. Get into their lives, into their minds. Find their weaknesses, and we will exploit them. Cat fill us in on anything you remember about this team." Everyone walks off as Letty looks at Dom's file, with Catalina looking at the rest of the teams before she lands on Tej's profile. Her heart slightly breaking because she had left him for this.

"Mmm-hmm. Yeah, right," Rome says as he grabs a candy bar out of the vending machine. "This is crazy, man."

"What are you talking about now?" Tej asks as he looks over at Rome, having been focused on Catalina's picture.

"I'm sitting here looking at these images... it's like we're hunting our evil twins," Rome answers him as they look at pictures of Owen's team. "Look at this black dude right here, he's handsome. Clearly, that's me." Tej rolls his eyes at Rome. "We got a white Hobbs. This is Han." Han gives him a 'not bad' look. "Tej, it's an African in a beanie. That's like your mini me, man." Tej rolls his eyes again as he turns back to his computer. "And Brian! When did you this photo shoot?" Rome points at the picture of the blonde woman, before Brian flips him off with a smile. "I'm just playing, man. You know you're the prettiest blonde around here." Hobbs then drives in before getting out of his truck.

"All right, lock it up. We got two things," Hobbs says as everyone walks towards each other. "First off, this is the worst damn city in the world to commit a crime. They got street cameras on every street corner. I got video footage from CCTV of the raid. Lets track that, see where it leads us." Hobbs hands a chip to Tej before continuing. "And secondly, we just got confirmation on what Shaw's crew grabbed from Interpol. They ripped off the database of every location that houses the final component that they need."

"So where are they at?" Dom asks as he looks at Hobbs.

"There are over two dozen of them around Europe," Riley answers him.

"But the list is only good for 96 hours," Hobbs takes over. "Which means, wherever Shaw's crew is going to hit next it's going to happen within the next four days. They got a window and so do we. We gotta move."

"Hobbs is right," Dom says as he looks at the team. "So let's break this down. You met them. What do we know?"

"We know they have to be running custom engines," Tej says from his spot at the computers. "You heard the flip car going through those gears."

"Sequential transmission," Han adds.

"That didn't sound like a normal engine," Gisele says as she looks over at Dom.

"That was a turbo diesel," Rome states.

"It sounded like something you hear at Le Mans," Brian adds.

"Did you see it take all those hits and still stay flat in the corners?" Tej asks everyone.

"Yeah, hydraulics," Rome answers him.

"Or magnetic suspension," Brian suggests.

"Who not only had access to the components, but can fabricate something like that?" Han asks the big question.

"Maybe a handful of shops in London," Gisele answers him.

"Regular tuner shops aren't going to cut it on this one," Dom says as he looks at Brian. "We're going to have to dig deeper than that. Han, Gisele, Roman, you're up. We find the guy who made that car, we find Shaw."

"Let's go," Gisele says as she loads a gun.

"I'll help," Riley tells Hobbs before they walk off to leave.

"Tej, we're gonna need cars without computer ships that can be overridden," Dom orders as he looks over at him. "Make sure they're fast." Brian lets out a chuckle as Tej nods.

"I got this," Tej tells him.

"I'm already on it, Dom," Hobbs says as he looks at him. "I've contacted R&D at DSS."

"Hobbs," Tej says interrupting him. "I said I got this." Hobbs looks at Tej, shocked.

"This should be interesting," Dom says as he and Brian share a smirk.