50

HAVANA, CUBA

HAVANA, CUBA

"We swap in parts from Fords, Plymouths, and Cadillacs," A man says in Spanish as he work on a car. "My grandfather bought it in 1957. When he died, it passed to my father. Then my brother, and now to me."
"Look at this," Dom tells Letty in Spanish with a smile on his face. "This is an engine from a boat."
"No way!" Letty says with a shocked smile.
"Yeah," The man says before speaking in Spanish. "Whatever it takes to keep it running."
"This is the Cuban spirit," Dom says with a smile still on his face before speaking in Spanish. "Your spirit. Don't ever lose that."
"Dom. Dom," Catalina calls as she rushes over to them. "It's our cousin. Fernando is in trouble. Come on!"
"You know I can't make a living without my car," Fernando tells a man.
"Not my problem, bro," Raldo states with a shrug before he sees Dom and Catalina. "Dominic and Catalina Toretto, I heard about you both. Welcome to my island."
"Why you hookin' up my cousin's car?" Dom asks the man, who is attaching a chain to his cousin's car.
"He needed money, I gave it to him," Raldo answers Dom. "He can't pay, I take the car."
"I just need a few more days," Fernando pleads.
"'Few more days' wasn't part of the deal," Raldo says with a shake of his head.
"Come one. You make a deal, you gotta live up to it," Catalina tells Fernando as she taps his arm.
"You make a deal, you gonna live up to it," Raldo repeats causing Dom to look at him.
"'Gonna' live up to it?" Dom asks him as he glares at him. "Oh, so you're one of those types. You take everyone's ride, and then ship it back to the States?"
"You should show your people some respect," Letty says in Spanish as Catalina nods in agreement.
"You watch your mouth," Raldo says as he points at Letty, causing her and Catalina to laugh.
"Now you got a problem," Letty says with a smirk as Dom turns to face Raldo.
"I'm gonna keep it about the cars," Dom says as he points at Raldo.
"I'm really scared," Raldo says in Spanish.
"You want a car, get it the right way," Catalina tells him as she looks at Dom with a smirk.
"How?" Raldo asks her with a raised brow.
"Race for it," Dom answers him with a smirk.
"I already own it, bro," Raldo states.
"Not that car," Dom says as he points at his cousin's car before turning to point at his car. "Mine."
"Dom, his car is the fastest car on the island," Fernando says quickly in slight panic. "Do you know what he has under that hood?"
"He knows it doesn't matter what's under a hood," Catalina tells her cousin. "The only thing that matters is who's behind the wheel."
"You think so?" Raldo asks her with a challenging glare.
"I know so," Dom answers him with a nod.
"Then race his car," Raldo challenges him with a smirk. "And we ain't racing no quarter-mile, here. We race the Cuban mile."
"Done," Dom says accepting the challenge, causing the crowd to cheer.