8

CHAPTER 8

Mia and Catalina are at the market, the next morning, getting them some food. Mia is then grabbed from behind before she sees that it is Vince.

"Vince, what are you doing?" Mia asks him panicked.

"Quiet! They've been tracking you," Vince tells her before they see two cars full of Reyes' men show up. Mia stops fighting against Vince before letting him lead them away. Mia and Catalina then takes him back to the hideout once they are sure it's safe. Tej and Rome are the first to see them as they walk in before turning to look at Brian, who notices them. Brian quickly puts down the air compressor before heading towards Vince.

"It's okay. Wait!" Mia says as she puts her hands on Brian's chest to stop him. "Reyes' guys were waiting for me and Lina at the market. Vince saved our lives." Vince nods at Brian, because what Mia had said is true before noticing that Rome and Tej had walked over as well, ready to fight with Brian.

"You hungry?" Dom asks from where he and Han are looking at the blue prints.

"Yeah, sure," Vince answers him.

"Good. Because you're saying grace," Dom tells him as Catalina looks at him with a small smirk.

"Thanks, Vince," Brian says before shaking his hand.

Dom is working on his charger while Tego and Santos argue while they cook. Brian sits at the computer with Mia in his lap as they keep an eye on the tracker for Hobbs. Gisele is off on her own as she cleans her guns. Tej, Catalina, Rome, and Han all sit together while enjoying some beers.

"Cheers. Cheers. Cheers," Rome says as he hits Tej's, Catalina's, and Han's bottles before they all take a drink. "So, we in Brazil. It's the good life. So, you got $10 million coming. What are you going to do with your money?"

"Me?" Tej asks causing Rome to nod. "Actually, man, I been thinking about opening up a garage back home. Place where people can bring their cars and not get completely ripped off. You know what I mean?" Catalina smiles as she remembers the garage that her father had owned.

"Really?" Rome asks him, causing Tej to nod. "So, your dream is to start a day job? That's stupid. Like, why would..."

"No, it's not stupid at all," Catalina tells him with a slight glare, causing Tej to smile.

"I love what I do," Tej adds.

"It's a honest living," Catalina says with a smile before she and Tej tap their bottles together, then take a drink.

"That don't make no sense to me," Rome says as Tego walks over to them.

"I know what I'm going to do with my money," Tego says before setting down some of the meat that is burnt. "Buying some cooking lessons for my man."

"See? See? There you go with that negativity, man," Santos says as he turns to look at him. "You know me. Money ain't a goddamn thing."

"It's going to take a little more than money to learn how to cook," Rome says as he picks up one of the burnt ribs.

"That's horrible," Tej says in agreement.

"But I heard they was looking for a chef down at this animal shelter," Catalina jokes causing everyone to laugh.

"We're less than 24 hours from the biggest celebration of our life," Rome says as he grabs some more beers before walking over to Brian and Mia. "Y'all need a refill. This is serious stuff."

"No, I'm good," Mia says as Rome tries to hand her one.

"Cheers, baby," Rome tries as Brian opens his beer.

"I'm good. No, thank you," Mia says as Brian and Rome tap their bottles together.

"No, she can't," Brian says in agreement.

"What do you mean?" Rome asks as he looks between them confused.

"She can't," Brian answers as Mia looks at him with a smile on her face.

"What do you mean she can't? What is..." Rome asks before Brian rubs Mia's stomach with a smile on his face. "Are you serious right now?"

"Yeah," Brian answers him.

"Is that the reason you let him, beat you in the quarter mile?" Rome asks as he looks at Catalina and Dom with a laugh before everyone start walking over. "That was a baby gift."

"No, that's messed up," Brian argues with him. "No, you're not taking that from me."

"Wait, Wait, hold on a second," Tej says as he and Catalina walk over. "So, did he just smack that ass or did he grab and hold on to it?" Everyone laughs as Catalina playfully shoves Tej before Gisele and Han walk over to hug and tell them congratulations.

"How can you keep this a secret?" Catalina asks Mia.

"Crazy, huh?" Mia says as they hug.

"It's your sister," Catalina says as with a smile on her face. "Why would you keep something like that away from me?"

"It just never came up," Mia answers her.

"That means Imma be an Aunt," Catalina says with a smirk causing Mia to nod. Gisele and Mia start talking so Catalina walks over to Dom. "She's not so little anymore." Dom gives her a side hug as they watch their little sister with smiles on their faces.

"Baby gift, huh?" Brian asks as he walks over to Catalina and Dom.

"I have no idea what they're talking about," Dom answers him with a sarcastic smile. "Toast!" Everyone gathers around as Brian hugs Mia from behind. "Money will come and go. We know that. But the most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here. Right now. Salude, mi familia." Catalina glances over at Tej, to find him already looking at her causing her to smile. She definitely felt as if there was something between them.

"Salude," Everyone says as they all touch their beers together.