24

CHAPTER 24

"We lost Ivory," Letty says as she, Catalina, and Jah walk into the hideout. "He's gone." Catalina stays neutral, knowing she was the one that killed him.

"Thanks," Owen says as he barely looks up from his plans.

"That's it?" Catalina asks him shocked.

"If Ivory's dead, he made a mistake," Owen tells her before looking at her. "If you make a mistake, you pay the price." Letty lets out a sarcastic chuckle as she looks around.

"That's a great eulogy, Shaw," Letty says sarcastically. "Are you going to give the same speech for the rest of us when we go out?" Letty and Catalina walk away before Letty starts working on her car. Owen follows after Letty a few seconds later after looking around at the team, who all had their heads down.

"You're the last one I'd pegged to be sentimental," Owen says as he walks closer to her. Catalina watches him from the shadows. "I like you, Letty. I dare say I even feel a certain warmth towards you. When I found you in the hospital, and you couldn't remember anything, I said to myself." Owen moves some of Letty's hair away from her face, causing her to tense up. "This girl has a gift. She's a blank page. And that made me feel somewhat protective toward you. If something happened to you, for instance, I think I might find it slightly harder to bear." Letty finally looks up at Owen. "What I'm saying is, I would hate to see you make a mistake." Letty slightly glares at Owen before moving her tools.

"We're going to get some air," Catalina tells him as she closes Letty's hood before getting in her car, then leaving.

"What the hell happened?" Brian asks as Rome, Riley, Han, and Gisele slowly walk back in.

"We met Dom's girlfriend and his sister," Riley answers as she walks over to Hobbs. "They're lovely." Tej fights back a smile, knowing Catalina probably beat her ass.

"Are you all right?" Hobbs asks her.

"Yeah," Riley answers him.

"Tej, what have you got? Footage, CCTV? Talk to me," Hobbs says as he turns to Tej.

"I just went through all of it," Tej answers him. "Believe it or not, everywhere Shaw's team is, the cameras are down."

"That's a hell of a coincidence," Hobbs says as he crosses his arms in front of his chest. "All right, we're going to pay CCTV a little visit. Lets roll."

"What is that?" Tej asks as he walks over to Han, who had laid the harpoon gun on the table.

"This is a new toy for you," Han answers him.

"So, what happened?" Dom asks as he looks around at the team.

"Shaw's goons showed up and started shooting up the place," Han answers him.

"But we got something big," Gisele says as she walks over with a cellphone in her hand.

"What?" Dom asks her.

"Braga," Gisele answers causing Dom to look at Brian. "He's working with Shaw."

"What are you talking about?" Brian asks her.

"It's true. That phone's filled with coded payment transactions that lead straight to Braga's cartel," Han explains.

"Who the hell is Braga?" Rome asks as he looks at everyone.

"He ran one of the biggest cartels in Mexico," Dom answers him.

"And my old boss," Gisele adds. "We used codes just like that to move money out of the country."

"It all makes sense. Braga was running Letty, now he's working with Shaw. It would explain how the two of them met," Brian explains.

"Okay, so you all know all this information about him, where do we find him?" Tej asks as he looks at everyone.

"He's sitting in a prison in Los Angeles," Brian answers him as he starts walking around.

"How do you know that?" Tej asks him, causing Brian to let out a sigh.

"Brian put him there," Dom answers him.

"All right, so this was the break we were looking for," Brian says as he looks at the team. "If the two of them were working together, Braga will know what Shaw's up to. I'm going to pay him a visit."

"Are you serious, right now?" Rome asks him. "Think about what you're saying. You're wanted, Brian. The moment you step foot off that plane, it's a wrap. You're not coming back."

"'Coming back'? How are you going to get in the country?" Tej questions him.

"Let me worry about that," Brian answers him before walking in front of Dom. "This is on me. I'm the one that served her up to Braga. I'm the one that gets to make it right. Let me make it right."

"Be careful," Dom tells Brian.