34

CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 34

Letty looks around in amazement before turning to Dom with an excited smile as he drives through the crowds at RACE WARS. Dom pulls up near the starting line before letting Letty get into the driver's seat.

"Hey, big brother," Catalina says as she walks over to Dom before she hugs him. Dom looks over at the other driver as the driver revs his engine. "Hey, Letty."

"Keep it under 9,000 RPMs," Dom says as he leans in the window. "Kid's gonna fry his pistons after the first 200."

"You know that's not my style. I gotta ride or die, right?" Letty says as she glances at the other driver.

"He's right," Catalina says as she looks at the other driver.

"How about you just ride on this one?" Dom asks her as a woman walks between the cars. The woman motions for both drivers to pull to the starting line.

"Are you ready?" The woman asks as she points to the other driver before she points at Letty. "I know you're ready." Letty revs the engine as the woman waves flags in the air. "Go!" The woman drops her arms as the drivers take off. Letty stays right beside the other driver as she watches her RPMs to make sure she doesn't go over 9,000. The driver's pistons fry causing him to slow down before Letty wins the race. Letty smiles and shakes her head as she realizes that Dom and Catalina were right. Letty is surrounded by people congratulating her as she gets out of the car.

"Hey! That's the girl I heard so much about," A woman says as she shakes hands with Letty. "Where you been at, ghost girl?" The crowd starts to cheer as 'ghost girl' repeats in Letty's head before she gets a flash of the wreck. Letty gets a flash of her in a hospital before someone picks her up from behind. Letty gets a flash of the explosion as she is set down before she instinctively turns and punches the man in the face.

"Letty, what the hell?" Hector asks her as he holds his busted lip. Dom and Catalina try to reach Letty before she gets into the car and drives off. "Damn dawg! Girl's still got that swing, homie."

"You never could take a punch," Catalina tells Hector with a slight smile as she worries about Letty.

"Right, right," Hector says with a chuckle before he gives Catalina a hug. "Hey, man. I'm glad you're back, man. It's good to see you!"

"Good to see you, Hector," Dom says as they bro hug.