16

CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

MIAMI, FLORIDA

Catalina is picking up her and Tej's dry cleaning when she walks out to find an older man leaning against Tej's car.

"Who are you?" Catalina asks as she places the clothes into the back.

"You can call me Mr. Nobody," The man answers her.

"What do you want, Nobody?" Catalina asks as she looks around for any sign of a trap.

"I'm not here to arrest you but you need to look at that," Mr. Nobody tells her as he hands her a file.

"I ain't interested," Catalina tells him.

"Yes, you are. Keep looking because I have a job you will be begging to be apart of," Mr. Nobody orders her before she opens the file. She flips through it until she comes across a picture of one Leticia Ortiz. "Do you believe in ghosts?"

Tej is working on a car when Rome pulls up in a nice car before getting out in a nice suit. Rome walks around before opening the door for a woman in a matching dress. Rome then walks over to Tej.

"So, this is your dream, huh?" Rome asks him.

"It's enough for me, man," Tej answers him before he points at Rome's car. "I take that's your dream."

"Absolutely. What up, boy?" Rome says before they bro hug. "You know what's crazy? There's only four of those cars in the whole world. Yeah, I got the only one in the Western Hemisphere. I made a sheikh in Abu Dhabi an offer he could not refuse."

"Huh," Tej says as they look at the car.

"Absolutely," Rome says in agreement. "We got to go, man. Lets do this."

"Okay, I'll drive," Tej tells him.

"In that?" Rome asks as he points at the car Tej had been working on. "Come on, man, no way."

"No, no. Not in this," Tej says before pointing at the car almost identical to Rome's that drives up. "In that." Catalina gets out of the car with a smirk before walking over to them.

"Are you serious right now? Man, this is crazy!" Rome says as he walks towards the car.

"Yes, so I guess that means there are two in the Western Hemisphere, huh? What's your smart ass got to say now?" Tej questions Rome with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, babe," Catalina says with a smile before she and Tej kiss.

"You know what? We can always shine together, baby," Rome says as he looks at the car. "Get dressed, homies, we got things to do!" That night after Tej had fallen asleep, Catalina took everything that was hers and slipped out of his life as if she had never even been there in the first place.

SIX MONTHS LATER

DIPLOMATIC SECURITY SERVICE HEADQUARTERS

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Hobbs is sitting at his desk as he fills out a report for his latest job. Monica Fuentes walks into the office before dropping a file on his desk.

"You need to look at that," Monica tells him before he opens the file. "Berlin, 3:00 a.m. this morning. A team of drivers hijacked a military convoy."

"Toretto's?" Hobbs asks slightly hopeful.

"Not exactly," Monica answers him.

"I ain't interested," Hobbs tells her.

"Yes, you are. Keep looking," Monica orders him before he opens the file back up. He flips through it until he comes across a picture of Catalina Toretto and Leticia Ortiz. "Do you believe in ghosts?"