40

CHAPTER 40

Catalina stands at the edge of the dock looking out at the water, thinking about how close today had been for them. Tej looks over at Catalina before a small smile comes to his face as he takes in how beautiful she is.
"Hello Kitty is awake," Letty says as Ramsey lets out a groan.
"She don't look like a hacker to me," Rome says as he looks at Tej.
"Oh yeah? And what do hackers look like?" Tej asks Rome slightly offended, while he glances at Catalina who is also a hacker.
"They don't suppose to look like that," Rome answers him as he goes back to looking at Ramsey. "I'm just saying, like, you know how they normally wear them little, weird glasses that's all crooked, and pimples all over their face from drinking soda? I mean, trust me, with a body like that, you ain't gonna park it behind a computer." Though Tej is offended by the hacker description, he can't help but nod his head in agreement before looking at Catalina's body. Brian walks over to Ramsey before squatting down to her height.
"How are you feeling? Did you hit your head?" Brian questions her before she nods. "Feeling nauseous? Ears ringing?" Ramsey shakes her head no. "No?"
"Where's my shoe?" Ramsey asks him, seeing that she is missing a shoe.
"Oh, it flew off when you crashed," Catalina answers her with a slight smile as she walks over to Tej.
"You start experiencing any of those things, let me know, okay?" Brian tells Ramsey.
"I don't know whether to thank you for rescuing me or kick your ass for throwing me off a cliff," Ramsey says as Brian walks away from her.
"Thank us or kick our ass, huh?" Dom asks her as he turns to face her. "How about you tell us where that device is?"
"I mailed it to a friend," Ramsey simply answers him. "In Abu Dhabi."
"That was pretty easy," Brian says as he watches her to see if she is lying. "That other team would have tortured you for that information."
"I didn't trust them," Ramsey explains to him. "I trust you."
"Now, why would you trust us? You barely know us," Letty asks her with a smirk.
"I know enough," Ramsey answers her before profiling the team, starting with Brian and Catalina. "Ex-cops. Military, something like that. The way you both took out them guys shows training." Ramsey then looks over to Tej. "Tech guy, offended by the hacker remark, naturally." Ramsey moves on to Dom. "Alpha." Then to Letty. "Mrs. Alpha." Then lastly to Rome. "Joker."
"Wrong," Rome tells her as he stands up. "Double alpha. Man candy. You know what I'm saying."
"Man, sit your candy ass down," Tej orders him with a chuckle causing Catalina to laugh.
"The disrespect is real around here," Rome says as he sits back down.
"Life is binary. Zeroes and ones. Only two things keep a group like this together," Ramsey explains as she looks around at the team. "Fear or loyalty. And I don't see a drop of fear among you guys."
"Very impressive," Tej tells her with a smile. "Just one thing." Tej points to Dom and Letty. "They're not married." Letty looks down as she thinks about the flash of a memory she had.
"She's so off, it's crazy. You just gonna roll with it?" Rome asks as he looks at Tej. "You're telling me there can't be a double alpha in one group?"
"You work for US government?" Ramsey asks causing Letty to laugh as she looks to Dom.
"We got similar interests," Dom answers her as he glances at Brian. "Tej, call it in. We're going to the Middle East!"