37

CHAPTER 37

Tej is playing a game on his phone causing Catalina to smile at his nerdy side.
"Yeah, I'm good," Rome says to himself as he nods his head. "From the streets. You know what I'm saying? It's nothing." A little turbulence shakes the plane that is holding the team's cars that they are each currently in.
"Hey, Roman, you're freaking out, ain't you?" Tej asks over the walkie.
"No," Rome answers him quickly.
"Yeah, you are," Catalina argues with him.
"I said no," Rome argues back causing Catalina to giggle and Tej to smile.
"Listen, man, it takes a grown man to embrace his feelings," Catalina explains to him as she teases him. "If you need to cry, just go ahead and cry." Brian, Tej, and Letty laugh.
"As your friend, you know I'm concerned about your well-being, which is why I took the precaution of putting some adult diapers in your glove compartment," Tej adds to the teasing causing Catalina to laugh.
"Yo, can you just chill out, man?" Rome asks him while Tej and Catalina fist bump.
"I have seen some crazy shit, Dom, but this really could make some waves," Mr. Nobody says over the comms from the base. "So let's just try to keep it as low-key as possible, huh?"
"Don't I always?" Dom asks him causing Brian and Catalina to smile.
"I'll tell you what, you knock it down a couple of notches this time and I'll swap out my Belgian for a keg of Corona," Mr. Nobody proposes.
"You'd be doing yourself a favor, there," Dom tells him with a smile.
"Can somebody just walk me through what we're supposed to be doing?" Rome asks them.
"Come on, Rome, this is your plan. You gotta embrace it," Catalina answers him.
"No, this was not my plan," Rome argues with her. An alarm goes off before the cargo hold begins to open.
"Oh, yeah, Here we go. Game time," Brian says excitedly before everyone starts their vehicle.
"Roman, you need some fresh air?" Tej asks him jokingly while Rome starts to pray. "Because you about to get a whole lot of it."
"Okay, Here we go!" Dom announces before reversing out of the plane.
"Just when you didn't think it could get any better, huh?" Brian asks excitedly before he reverses out of the plane. "Oh, shit!" Letty reverses out of the plane followed by Tej. "Whoo! Now we're moving." Brian then picks up his walkie. "Everybody good? Everybody make it out?"
"You just need to tell them that this is not for you!" Rome tells his self. "This is not your mission!"
"Hey, Rome? Hey, what's up, man? Talk to me, Come on," Brian says over the walkie.
"I can't do it," Rome answers him.
"The hell you can't!" Brian argues with him. "Come on, man! You throw that thing in reverse and get your ass out here now!"
"Look, I can't do it, okay? Listen to what I'm saying," Rome explains to him.
"Now isn't the time!" Catalina argues with him.
"I'ma stay up here with the pilot," Rome tells them. "We gonna circle around and make sure we holding it down from up here!"
"You're running out of time!" Letty informs him. "The chute is guided by GPS! You don't have to do anything!"
"Tej!" Dom orders. "Lina!"
"I'm already on it," Tej tells him.
"Hey, man, listen," Rome says with a sigh. "I'm sorry to let y'all down, okay? I'ma go ahead and stay up here."
"No, brother," Tej tells him. "I'm sorry to let you down."
"What?" Rome asks him as Tej pushes a button that ejects Rome's parachute. "What do you mean you're..." Rome hits his brakes as the car starts to roll towards the door. "Tej! What are you doing?" Rome's car is pulled out of the plane. "Oh, shit! Tej! I hate you, Tej!"
"Get ready!" Brian orders everyone. "Ground's coming fast!" Dom, Brian, Letty, and Tej release their parachutes. As they get close to the ground they release from the parachutes.
"Touchdown, baby!" Catalina says excitedly over the walkie.
"Car check. Call it in," Dom orders.
"Check," Letty says.
"Check," Tej says.
"I'm good. Lets do this," Brian says in agreement.
"Hello? Please, man. Get me out of here, somebody!" Rome begs them as he still floats in the air. "No! The trees!"
"Ah, shit," Brian says as he notices Rome.
"Sit tight, Roman. We'll come back for you," Dom tells him.
"This is not the plan!" Rome yells.