1. Another One

The girl was standing behind a very tall guy and by the look of her face it was very much obvious that she didn't want herself to be exposed to anyone.
But why the hell did she then come to participate?

Her candidate number was called and she came forward nervously. She hasn't participated in broom-flying or any sort of creation magic. Out of nervousness? Maybe...

Her knees were shaking while she approached towards the ground where a guy with white hair and glittery silver clothes was standing. She understood that she had to fight him. All of a sudden the surrounding felt so numb. She told inside her mind, "Chill Yachio, you can do this, let's do this."

The guy standing in front of her was pretty much confident with his attire and magical abilities, Yachio could feel his mana overflowing from this distance. Did he manage to put a mana-skin? How? Yachio could not believe her eyes when the guy declared a pale blue tint over his whole body. She was again nervous. What if she couldn't do it? What if she just runs away from all of this?

She closed her eyes and the thought of her dying mother came to her mind. She had to do this. She was supposed to be a Magic Knight.

The guy asked in a very confident and adamant tone, " If you are afraid of facing me, I won't hurt you", and he let a smirk out of his lips, that ignited a flame inside Yachio's head. She replied, "You wish"

A grimoire appeared before her. And the whole auditorium gasped as the color was deep purple and the design was almost similar as the rarest grimoire in the whole Clover Kingdom.

Is it...?? No that's not possible! How could she have that? A wave of gossip flew between the captains and the Captain of the Black Bulls was tight-lipped. A brown haired guy standing behind him asked him curiously, "Yami danco, could it be possible that the girl has.." before he could finish, Yami's intimidating stare made him fall out of words. All the other 8 captains were staring at him, as if something bad is going to happen.

The guy with white hair yelled a magic spell,
" Water magic: Water sphere bullets" and suddenly a sphere of blue ocean water started revolving around him, shooting several water bullets at a time. William Vangance, the Captain of Golden Dawn, sitting next to Yami said, "Using defensive and offensive spell together, not bad, what you say?"

Yami nodded.
He was waiting for something else.
The girl with black hair and pale grey eyes.

Yachio ran away to dodge the bullets and the participants started laughing.

Within a moment she came back to ground and said," In my country, you bow to your enemy first". She bowed. And from that arched position she picked up her both hands and said in a very deep growling voice that made everyone chilled to their bones.

"Mana Zone: Dark Magic, Mana bullets"
It started raining of darkness, the sunlight faded near the white haired guy and small spheres of something dark started raining from the sky only on top of him that destroyed his water sphere and made him run for shade all over the ground. When he started screaming for forgiveness, she packed her grimoire on her side and said, " I don't really hurt people".

A thudding sound came from the stage where the magic knight captains were sitting, Yami Sukehiro, the Captain of the Black Bulls said, " I knew it".

He jumped out of the podium and stood in front of Yachio Yamamoto.
Yachio's heart started beating so fast she could rarely breath.
This guy is so huge and so intimidating. His face is so scary.
Yami asked in a low tone, " Where are you from?"
Yachio answered after stammering a while, "Hino"

Yami turned towards the magic Knight captain's podium and asked, "Do you mind if I tell her to join my squad?"
The guy with crimson robe and a diamond shaped scar on his forehead said, "No, but there's something called protocol, you can choose her only after the exam is finished."
Yami looked at Yachio and said, "Listen brat, you are joining the Black Bulls, and if you dare choose any other squad, I'm going to kill you."
Yachio answered nervously, "Yes, sir!"

Yachio didn't know what just happened. But she knew that her magic is rare. It's so rare that even a 4 leaf grimoire would face shame in front of her magic. Her whole family was abandoned because she had dark magic. Soon after her father died, she started doing cleaning job in a nearest pub in order to help her ill mother.
She knew that her mother never got used to the climate of this country and continuously faced lung infections, stomach infections and all. Now she's practically untreatable. But, somehow if she can manage to get help of the magic knights, she can, maybe, find a way to cure her dying mother. Being a foreigner and because of her magic, she and her family were banished, discriminated, now she was determined to put an end to her despair. She saw new hope in the eyes of the big guy.

She was lost in thoughts as one guy with a strange makeup appeared before her and mumbled something. She couldn't hear and said, "Could you be a bit louder?"
Another guy came from back and put a hand on the make-up guy's shoulder and said, "Oi miss, he's Gordon and I'm Finral. We are going to be teammates soon."
He held out his hand and Yachio nervously shook it, seeing absolutely no discrimination in the guy's eyes towards her. She felt something chocked inside her throat and asked, "Was my magic impressive? Mr. Finral?"

"You see, in terms of attack it was awful. The guy was so weak that he ran away. But I have to know how did you manage to pull off mana zone? How old are you? Also, get off that fear and scared expressions from your face. You just kicked ass of a guy"
Yachio's eyes met disappointment. Finral continued, "In terms of expertise, I can surely say you do practice a lot, but you are afraid of hurting people, what you'd do if he attacked back?"
She said in a low voice, "Well, I do have 30 more spells"
"What??? 30???"
Finral and Gordon, both shouted in surprise. Finral was surprised at Gordon's shouting too. He was so much overwhelmed that he started laughing at his own reaction and after a moment all three of them were laughing.
Suddenly Finral said something that made the atmosphere drop to seriousness. He said, "You were never supposed to be selected if you didn't have your magic. Don't take it personally, but you are just like me, we both don't like to hurt people, and people like us don't get much attention here. You want to know why Yami dancho selected you?"
Yachio heard her heart beat faster. Finral said," He is the only person other than you who has dark magic."
Yachio assumed it, now she got confirmed. She stared at the floor and said," I'll not make him disappointed with his decision. I'll show you guys what else I can do."

A tall, buffed guy was watching them from far behind while a puff of smoke chimed out from his lips. He had so many questions.

------------------------###---------------------------
Thank you so much for 1000 reads. This encourages more than anything. Keep loving!