8. Back At The Base: Lemon 🍋

This part is 18+. You can ignore this chapter if you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yami wasn't talking with anyone after they came back to the base from royal capital.
Julius was very impressed with Yami as he single handedly finished a big part of the bandit group.
Yami was disturbed.
After coming back to base, he straight went up to his room and slammed the door.
Asta was busy in describing the wolf with 4 eyes and all the other squad members were gathered near Yachio and him to hear that.
Luck continuously said Yachio to fight him, Gauche said Marie is stronger, and meanwhile Charmy made a lot of foods.
Yachio thought she will bring food for Yami in his room. He'll not be angry on her for much long.
After finishing the plate Yachio took some beef roast, eggs and spaghetti on another plate and said, "I'll bring food to the Captain, then go to sleep. Bye everyone!"
Vanessa was suspecting something.
Asta came to Yachio hurriedly and said in her ears, "Tell him that I haven't seen anything".

Sure! This kid is meathead.
Vanessa came and shoved a bottle of wine in Yachio's arm, winked.
Yachio smiled and went to Yami's room.

She knocked. But Yami didn't respond. She said, "Eat something, big guy!"
Still no response.
Yachio thought he was over reacting. However, she said, "Sorry dancho! Please come out and eat something."

She pushed the door and found it was unlocked.
She went inside and faced darkness, only a beam of moonlight was coming through the window and fell on the bed, where Yami was laying, covering his face with one hand.

Yachio said," I'm coming in, "
Still no response.
What the fuck did she do to get such horrible reaction from him? She just kissed him right?
She stooped and sat beside the bed kneeling on the ground so that Yami's face was close to hers.
She rubbed her fingers in his thick hair and whispered, "Yami, food. Eat something, today you fought a lot."

Yami looked at her with an intimidating gaze, and sat on bed.
"Why did you come in without asking me?"
"I asked you but you didn't say anything."
"Then please leave."
"What did I do? At least tell me what did I do wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Then why are you telling me to leave?"
"Because I don't want to feel weak."
"What are you even saying Yami? When did you feel weak? You finished the whole gang yourself!"
"You looked at me with sympathy in your eyes. I don't want to be pitied by anyone. I can handle my own wounds, I don't need anyone fool to kiss it! Damn you cheesy girl!"
Yachio was quiet.
Yami continued, "You are giving kisses on my wounds on battlefield. The fuck! What about my image?"
"I didn't think any of that. I didn't pity you Yami. I was worried about you. Because.... I..."
"Worried? Why? Did I die?"
"Well, you could. Right! 1 against 20. Moreover, you were vanished after getting out from cave, were you planning to ignore me from then? You dumbass. Big idiot! You say big big words but you don't know anything, stupid musclehead guy."

Yami was shocked at her explosion. She is an extraordinarily layered human.

Yachio pointed at the food and said,"Food is there. Eat, or don't. I don't care."
Yachio was going towards the door when she felt two big arms crossing her belly, pulling her backwards. Yami took her in his lap very easily and hugged her from behind.
A soft "sorry" and Yami kissed on her ears. Yachio startled at this, and tried to loosen the embrace, Yami held her more roughly, Yachio started kicking her legs in air and Yami kissed her shoulder from back. She stopped moving.
She was breathing heavily when Yami took her and turned her face towards him.
"Yach, I don't know how it feels to be loved, no one except you have ever been worried about me. I don't know the feel. Can you tolerate a guy like this? Who doesn't know what to say, how to feel! I wasn't loved by anyone Yach."