18. Time Skip 3 Years

Shine was sitting in the hallroom of Black Bulls. She was recruited 1 year ago, the only recruit of Black Bulls in last 3 years.
The Black Bulls were never the same again. People used to salute them whenever they appeared on the roads.
That made Shine choose this squad over every other, she respected their sacrifices and wanted to know more about Yachio Yamamoto, her idol.
She wanted to talk to the Captain, after miraculously he rose his hand for a mage after 3 years, shocking the whole arena.
After Yachio's death, Yami retired his position and Nacht Faust became the Captain of Black Bulls for 2 years. But he couldn't love this squad and for some reasons, he left the magic knights.

Shine was looking at the painting hanging on the wall, a lady with pale gray eyes and long black hair, wearing a beautiful blue kimono.
This painting was gifted by Rill, the Captain of grey deers.

Shit! She wanted to talk to the Captain so badly. She wanted to know more about her. She stood up and started roaming impatiently, Yami has promised Asta that he'd come, but it has been half an hour.
She heard banging of a wooden door and looked back to see the tall buff man standing. No one could say he's 31 years old, he looks like 40.
Maybe because of the stress.
A puff of smoke came out of his face and he strode towards the couch and sat on it.
"Hmm, tell me, brat"
"I want to know about the dark lady."
Yami's expression didn't change. This name was given by the people of clover kingdom, after her death, they treated her as their hero.
Yami stood up and started to walk towards the exit.
"I want to be like her, dancho!"
Yami looked back with an intimidating gaze, and Shine felt her legs trembling in the presence of this huge mana.
"Watch your words, if you say this again, I'll kill you."
"Is there anything wrong? If I want to be like my idol? Everyone admires her. Everyone knows that she and you are the saviours of our country."
Yami was looking at the painting and said, "What magic do you have?"
"Animal magic"
"What magic did she have?"
"Dark magic"
"How can you be like her? She would have never liked the fact that someone wants to be like her. She was an imperfect person from every aspect. I want you to be like yourself. I don't want one more reckless young girl that sacrifices herself without thinking about her close people. "

Shine was fused for a moment. She could never imagine the captain being so frank with her.
Yami asked again," How old are you? "
" I'm 17."
"Hmm... Just focus on becoming a magic knight, rescuing common people. Leave the rest to me, I am powerful enough to handle all other risks."
He crushed the cigarette butt with his boots and looked directly at Shine.
She was a tall blonde girl with deep red eyes.
He tapped his hand on her head and said," I appreciate you that you like her, she was an amazing person, but she wasn't rational. I don't want any of you to lose your life before I do. She taught me something ya know!"
"What did she teach you dancho?"
"Protect the people whom you care about, even if it costs your life."
Yami turned back and said, "But this theory is only applicable to me."

"But I can admire her right? I want to know about her, more."
"Ask me and I'll try to answer."
The situation was awkward as she was at the backside of Yami. She mumbled, "Can you turn?"
Yami went and sat on the couch, looking directly to her eyes. His gaze was full of tiredness, ignorance and something else. What is it? Grief?

She spoke clearly, "I want to know how was she as a person."
"Uh... She was too complicated, multilayered person. Sometimes she'll be nervous around me, sometimes bossy. Sometimes she'll be polite and gentle, sometimes she'll be crass as fuck! But one thing never changed about her. She was way too strong."
"Everyone in the country knows you're hiding something."
Yami frowned at her and growled, "Know your limits. Or I'll kill you, brat!"
He went up and suddenly she said, "I want to surpass my limits."
Yami never said these words after Yachio passed away. These were her last words and Yami always blamed himself for teaching her his ways of surpassing limits. Only if he never taught her this! She'd back off from that battle that night. Every scene from that horrible night flashed on before his eyes and he clenched his jaw and said in a low growling tone, "The person who used to say that is no more, so, you better keep off. I have some other works to do."
Yami took a moment and said again, "I could never know her real personality. She was introvert and mysterious. If you want to know about her magic, and the spells she used, go to library and find out the clover history against spade kingdom."
Yami strode off outside the base. Shine could never believe her captain answering her questions so easily, well, everybody said that Yami Sukehiro has become soft now. Soft, but not weak.
The spells he uses now, can bend space and time, and he can cut a planet in half with his spell.
Shine was a bit nerd,so she gathered all the details about every member of the Black Bulls.
She looked at the painting and at her smiling face, she smiled and went back to her room.