14. After Timeskip

Timeskip 5 months :Yachio has been training herself near Lady Himosa, she's been very rough with her. Asta and company went to heart kingdom to train for the upcoming battle and today was the day Yachio came to the base to pay visit to the Black Bulls as her control training is going to meet an end soon. She finds Asta and Finral there to her surprise.

Yami wasn't there. She's been writing to him only to get back replies like "Yes, LY","No, LY" and "Sure, LY".
She asked about his whereabouts to Vanessa who seemed to be sober for the first time in her life and she replied that Yami went to train in the mountainside and he's way too stronger now.

The queen of heart kingdom Lolopechika already informed them that Yachio Asta and Yami are 3 arcane stage mages, so they should divide their targets and try to become stronger alone.
Yachio followed her theories and resisted herself to meet Yami. Her mind was restless to see his face again.
She stood in the base for sometime and decided to go back to Faust house, right then she felt a familiar mana behind her.
She couldn't turn away properly even, Yami grabbed her and picked her up from ground to a bear hug.
He has become larger than before. Yachio embraced him and he said, "I missed you my wife."
Holy shit! This exclamation was unexpected! Wife? Really? She loosened her embrace and looked at his face. It seemed like his face is also having muscles now. His jawline was more sharp and his hair was longer than before. His face was covered with thicker stubble and his eyes, they were darker.
Yami almost forgot that he was standing in the hallroom and everyone was watching him.
Asta came running and Yami took him up like his son and threw him across the room. Asta shouted after falling down, "Danchoooo I was missing this! Can you throw me again?"
Yachio started laughing at this as she felt she came home after so long.
Yami lighted a cigarette and cursed Asta. Yachio was enjoying being with everyone.
Yami said, "Should I talk with the old hag? You can stay one day with us."
"Old hag? Jeez Yami! Show some respect!"
"Old hags are called old hags. Tell me, should we celebrate a cheat day?"
"You tell me, how did you get to know that I came?"
"Finral went to me. I was cutting a mountain."
"Cutting a fucking what?"
"Mountain."
"I guess you've become stronger than the demons now."
"Bullshit! Bull - shit. You've no idea how strong they are."
"Yeah I do. I'm working with Himosa sama and her family is expert in handling deals with devil."
"Did you make a deal?"
"Yeah, the devil is just standing beside me"
"Bakadere! You're calling me a demon?"
Yami picked her up and thrown her to the couch where Vanessa was laying half naked.
Yachio asked, "So what are the new spells you learnt?"
"A captain should keep his secrets. You'll see them in action."
"But I think we are ordered to stay apart during the attacks."
"Hmm... I think it's a better strategy if all 3 attacks happen at the same time. Otherwise we can work together to increase the success rate."
"Yami, I think we should obey the orders."
"I don't take orders."
"Yami... Please.."
"Okay okay... I'll let you go. But you've to stay here today. I'm talking with the capital. Faust house knows me well. Their son is my old friend."
"Morgen, right?"
"Yeah. Morgen."
Vanessa was thinking something. Charmy wasn't eating but exercising with her sheeps. Gauche was doing something with his mirrors and grey was transforming herself to lifeless objects. Last time she couldn't come back to true form so she had to wait until her mana torn off.
Black Bulls were changed. They seemed to be very enthusiastic and keen to win the upcoming battle.
Yachio got stronger too. Now she was able to transform to her 10 forms except the dark lord one, according to her wish and could control the form as long as she wanted.
She mastered her spells well too.
She wanted to show Yami what she was capable of. Yami would be so proud of her.

Timeskip to night:
She was snapping her fingers to turn off and turn on the nearby lamp. She could do some small tricks now like this.
Yami came to her room. The moon was shining bright outside and the beams fell on her small bed.
She was looking outside absentmindedly when she felt his warm breath on her neck. Yami kissed her on her scar.
She embraced him and said, "Day after tomorrow is a full moon, you know what that means?"
"What?"
"It means nobody can defeat me on that day."
"Really? Even me?"
"I've lost to you long ago my love."
Yami pressed his lips on hers and she hovered her tongue inside his mouth. The moonlight was falling on her face and the whole ambiance was too pure.
Yachio held his hand and said, "You've to make a promise."
"Promise."
"Listen to it first at least."
Yami was rapidly kissing her all over her shoulder neck and face.
"Yami, promise me you'll not come to protect me in the battle."
Yami froze. How could she read his thoughts?
"You make this promise that defeating the enemy will be your first priority."
"I wasn't going to save you."
"You are very weak at telling lies."
"Yach, why won't you step back? Like... There are many people who don't fight, they live a perfect life right? You will marry me and I'll take care, if you can do another job then it's also fine."
"Yami, don't you think that my opinion and my reputation matters? You see, I've been training like hell for last 6 months. For what? To step back? And forget about that. Why would you think that it'll be enough for me to spend my life identified as Yami Sukehiro's wife. I'm no longer the old Yachio, Yami. I'm more ambitious now. "
"Ok, forget about leaving the magic knights. You just can step back from this right? I'll talk to Julius."
"Which part of me makes you feel like I'm incompetent?"
"You're not." Yami sat up and with a deep sigh he said, "I am scared only because of that, that you're not weak."
"I cannot escape too. I'm arcane stage, just like you."
"Then, why did you decide to protect me?"
"So that you can protect this kingdom."
"Nice logic. As if my magic is conservative. Yach, I'm called God of destruction."
"Yami, I vowed to protect you, but see I've been assigned to a task that doesn't allow me to get near my squad."
"Now?"
"I guess I've to stay here. I've my own priorities too."
"So you're saying that you'll back me up so that I can fight with all my power. So that means you're going to stay with me? That's great."
"Since I don't personally think the attacks will happen simultaneously, I think this'll be the best approach. Also, 5 months ago I talked with Julius regarding this. That, if I've to choose between you and the kingdom, I'd choose you."
"What did I do to deserve you?"
"Did you kiss or had sex with Charlotte in these days?"
"Shut the fuck up you shrimp! I was in the mountains."
"I wonder where you were taking dumps."
"You're so gross sometimes. Fuck you."
"Is that an offer?"
Yami looked through the window and said, "I've been with nature for so long, let's have sex outside tonight, it'll be fun."
"Outside? Somebody will see us!"
"We're going to die after some days. We should leave no regrets."
They both started laughing hysterically.

They heard a blast. A big one. Then they heard people shouting in the hallroom.

They ran down to find out the front part of the base was blasted off to parts and there was a person, laying under the blasted parts of the wall. Yami ran off and tried to free him from under the stones. Fortunately he was alive.

He told he's a mage from the rebellion groups of Spade Kingdom and he was there to inform them that the dark triad is coming to capture the arcane stage mages within 3 days.
Yami took out his katana and with a intimidating gaze he asked him, "Why should we trust you? We'll inform the capital about you."
"S-sure. You're, you're so scary, are you a magic knight? Or a monster?"
"Shut up you dickhead. It's not the time for that. Finral, go to the royal capital and inform Julius about this right now."
Finral opened a portal and vanished.