19. I Can't Find You

Yami was sitting on the rooftop of the base, smoking as usually, and reminiscing the fine moments of past, well, after her disappearance, it helped him to put up with his life, which became a mess.
He was turning his lighter on and off absentmindedly, when a footstep appeared behind him.
He felt the familiar ki. It was the new brat, Shine.
"May I sit?"
Yami stood up and gestured her to sit, she said, "I wanted to sit with you, dancho."
"Why? Again want to know something about your idol? Sorry, I'm in a bad mood.", he lied, his mind was full of joy and hope as they were going to find her the next day.
"No, not really. I heard that you're going to a secret mission tomorrow, so I thought..."
"What?"
"Is it dangerous?"
"You have nothing to do with it."
Shine was amused by the masculinity of her captain, from the first day itself. But it was adverse as he was much older than her, and he could probably never lay his eyes on anyone after Yachio Yamamoto. Shine admired him, wanted to know more about him, why? She didn't know even. This man is so rough, tough to communicate, so brutal, aggravating, yet so honest and clear.
She wanted him so badly even he was so old, broken and vulgar.
Her heart lept out from her chest whenever she saw him.
Shine didn't realize she was staring at him for long time, and Yami snapped a finger before her eyes to pull her into senses.
She thought, 'I'm in deep trouble if I fall for him, he'll never ever accept me, and maybe I'll lose my spot in this squad too.'
"Whats the matter child? You want to say something?"
"Yes, can we sit?"
"Ok"

They sat beside each other in a decent distance and she said, "I always try to find a thing that I can cling to and live, like she had, a purpose, an aim, a passion, but I find nothing. Tell me dancho, what's your ambition in your life?"

"To live. Ya know child, don't think much, surviving and living can be two greatest ambitions in someone's life, it's not always mandatory that you have to have more passionate reasons. Those are for heroes, like the dark lady.", Yami smirked sarcastically.

Shine turned towards Yami and he saw her eyes full of tears. She wasn't a girl that cries frequently, she has never gone through any crisis in her life. Well raised, well mannered and rich kid she is.

Yami frowned and asked," Are you alright kid? "

She sponged her tears and said, "Dancho, what if you love something and you don't get it. What should you do?"

"Well, it's not necessary you get all the things you like, unless you're a spoilt brat. Even then, if you 'need' it, I repeat 'need', not like or love, then you should fight for it."

"What if it's a person."

"Same. Fight for them, and if you see they're fine without you, then leave'em like that. Love or like isn't always about getting the person. Ya know a secret? Don't tell anyone. Charlotte Roselei likes me a lot, but I don't like her back, so after a bad desperation, she never tried to get close to me. That's what I call delicacy. "

"You still love her? I mean, Yachio san?"

"Yeah, anybody who has ever loved her, can never forget her.", Yami looked at the moon and felt a warm breath near his shoulder.

Shine came closer to him, she put her head on his shoulder. Yami wasn't sure if she was unhappy with her own feelings, that she needed a shoulder to cry on, Yami didn't refuse.
She's a kid after all. Kids have heartbreaks, and they recover from it fast too.
But Shine wasn't heartbroken. She dipped her hopes into a hole and looked at Yami, only to find him looking at the moon.
Then he looked down and their eyes met. Yami was confused as hell. What got into this kid? Is she alright?
Shine rose her head from his shoulder and said in a husky tone, "I say different thing, if you love something, you try to snatch it from the whole world even if for a moment, and then if it goes away, you don't regret. Because, at that moment, he was yours. At this moment dancho, you're mine."
She grabbed his neck with both her hands and pulled him closer to press her lips with his. Yami didn't get time to response or reject, it was spur of a moment. She abruptly let go off him and without waiting for any retort, she ran away.