6. Developments

_____________

Your POV
_____________

A new day, which means a new and adventurous way to suffer. Well, that's how it goes in the Survey Corps, at least. Any deviations from this routine are very few and far between.

Regardless, as I wake up and rise from my bed, I can see that the sun hasn't fully risen yet, meaning that I've woken up right on time.

It always has been a habit of mine to wake up incredibly early, and before anyone else. Maybe it's because I don't want to be disturbed as soon as I wake up, or maybe it's because I enjoy the tranquility of the early morning. The chirping of the birds, accompanied by a gentle breeze, as the sunlight washes over the land. The scene is one of beauty, and it always helps me to get in a good mindset to start off my day. Well, about as well as it can get, with a solder like myself.

I perform my usual morning routine, after that. Half an hour of stretches, before a fifteen minute shower to freshen myself up and to get rid of any drowsiness. Then, I wear my standard uniform, with a collared black shirt underneath the khaki jacket. I don't bother to wear my cloak, since I'm only going to get breakfast and take a short walk. I can always come back later to get it.

I head out of my room, making sure to lock the door, so no one can snoop around, and start walking towards the mess hall. On my way there, I recall the events of the previous night, with a frown creeping its way up to my face.

Levi's small outburst and angered state. It certainly wasn't something that I was expecting to see, but life manages to bring anyone down.

I place my thumb and index finger underneath my chin and start to drown myself in worrying thoughts, subconsciously.

'I hope that she'll be willing to talk today, at the very least. Maybe I can help her in some way. Don't know how but I'll cross that bridge once I get there.'

But they all stop once I realize an important detail.

'What if she plans on fleeing? What if she deserts………..'

As similar situations playing out enter my mind, I can't help but grow somewhat anxious and have to reassure myself.

'No, she's not stupid enough to do that. At least I hope she isn't. Otherwise, we'll have a huge mess on our hands.'

Deciding to drop the subject for now, I soon arrive at the mess hall and, unsurprisingly, no one is here.

I get my meal and sit down to eat, in peace and silence, just how I like it. Nothing important takes place over the course of that time and before long, I'm finished and start cleaning up.

'Weather seems nice. A quick stroll shouldn't hurt.'

Exiting through the two double doors, the wind, still as gentle as I had remembered it, crashes against my skin and the view is still as hypnotizing. People may think such behavior by me is strange, but hey, I'm a human like everyone else, whether they like it or not.

At least, I hope I am.

The horses are all asleep in the stables and as I pass by, I see my own horse peacefully slumbering away too. My raven black friend, still as faithful as ever who's carried me through many victories and even more defeats. He's been through it all, just like me.