37. The Old Lords

___________________

3rd Person POV
___________________

Whilst Captain Y/N and his squad emerge from the now destroyed underground cavern, Rod Reiss, who has taken the form of a titan twice as big as the Colossal titan, sluggishly moves towards Wall Sina.

Interestingly enough, the titan's overall size is massive but its arms and legs are incredibly skinny and outstretched in comparison and are unable to properly hold the excessive weight. As a result, it's limited to crawling on all fours towards its destination.

Another notable feature about titans is that the larger they are, the more heat they produce and with Rod's size being as great as it is, any object within the direct vicinity of the titan seems to immediately catch flames with several trees replicating this.

"It's no use! Stay back or else we'll get burned!"

The Survey Corps troops try to figure out a way to prohibit or even cease Rod's movements but the current situation makes any advances futile as the scouts are forced to continue observing the titan from a reasonable distance.

"Commander! We can't stop it. It acts like an abnormal and doesn't seem to care about us!"

Erwin: "That's enough, then. Fall back! All that matters for now is to find out where it's heading."

From behind Erwin, a forward scout rushes towards the commander in order to report his findings.

"Commander Erwin, it's Squad L/N! Eren and Historia are with them! They've succeeded! Captain L/N is also with them and in a stable condition!"

Being delivered two shocking news, one after the other, Erwin gasps out in surprise before heading in the same direction where the soldier had arrived from.

Soon after, the two groups converge together as Erwin and Levi stop by a wooden carriage, in which Eren, Historia, Hange and Y/N are present. Whilst the other three are sitting down, Hange lies whilst pressing a cloth against her open wound.

Levi: "Erwin."

Erwin: "Everyone all right?"

Levi: "Only Y/N and Hange suffered injuries. Although, Y/N's are a few days old."

The aforementioned scouts reply in their own ways, with Hange just holding her hand open towards Erwin whilst Y/N just waves his right hand around.

Erwin: "They don't seem too serious. Y/N, it's good to have you back. I have a few questions to ask you later, but for the moment, well done everyone."

The blond commander tries to remain stoic during this situation but still cracks a small smile upon finding his old friend alive. Y/N responds to this by giving him a nod of reassurance, signalling that everything is fine............for now, atleast.

Levi: "I've got a slew of things to report, but first.........."

Erwin: "What's that titan?"

Levi: "It's Rod Reiss."

This response immediately changes Erwin's confusion into shock and his expression changes accordingly.

Levi: "I think we'll need your call on this, commander."

The commander doesn't respond immediately, merely glancing towards Eren and Historia before turning around to observe Rod Reiss.

Erwin: "Regardless, we don't have time to stand here and chat. Return to Wall Sina."