22. Beast Titan

____________________

3rd Person POV
____________________

The sun hangs low over the wartorn and ravaged district of Stohess, just as the blood of men, women, and children alike continues to flow through the streets and alleyways-almost mimicking the crimson rays of the disappearing star within the sky.

The brawling fight between Eren Yeager and Annie Leonhardt, that has inflicted destruction and devastation alike upon this city, is finally at an end, and as the members of the Military Police work tirelessly to remove the corpses and dead bodies littered throughout the district-it truly seems as if there is no end in sight to all this carnage.

As for the one who had orchestrated all of this, that being Erwin Smith, the Survey Corps Commander is currently being interrogated by the mayor of Stohess and rightfully, is the one who's completely held responsible for all the chaos that's been caused.

Given these facts, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that the government doesn't approve of Erwin's method at all and they promise to hold him accountable in some way.

Now, regarding Eren, the titan shifter's been advised to rest after the struggle against Annie, in which he managed to slightly burn his face and alongside the boy, Mikasa, Armin, and Jean remain present constantly-having been told to do the same and have a break.

However, this same liberty does not extend to the other soldiers that took part in the grand Battle Of Stohess and so, the remaining Survey Corps troops prepare to shift Annie Leonhardt-who has encased herself in an unbreakable crystal-to an underground facility, for safekeeping and constant surveillance.

The reasoning behind such an idea is that, if she breaks out of the crystal, then she won't be able to transform beneath the surface and-as a result-will be easily caught.

To accomplish this task, a netting-made exclusively out of steel wires-covers the crystal and a sheet is also spread over reflective rock, just as two riders on horseback prepare to move it, once everything is secured and a clear signal is given.

Whilst being taken away, closeby, the familiar face of Hange Zoe scans the abnormal object carefully and in deep thought-her finger and thumb underneath her chin as she does. Situated next to the speculative Section Commander is her assistant Moblit Berner, and standing right behind the two of them is no one else but Y/N L/N.

The ash-haired male-sporting a rather agitated expression-understands Hange's concern all too well, as he too realizes that their so-called 'Prisoner' is of no use to anyone, in her current state.

Meaning, this truly is the best solution, despite all the sacrifices made to get this far-all of which have seemingly gone to waste now.

Y/N tries to approach Hange, in a vain hope to discuss the situation, but before he can, the collective attention of the trio is diverted to a gathering group of soldiers who seem to be particularly enamored by the Wall Of Sina.

Hange, Y/N, and Moblit are all confused-at first-but once they follow the soldiers' gazes, the very same feelings start to envelope their own hearts.