35. Tearful Reunion?

___________________________

3rd Person POV
___________________________

????: "Don't make any sudden moves."

A commanding voice orders the hooded Y/N who slowly raises both of his hands, with the barrel of what is presumed to be a gun still pressing firmly into him.

????: "On your feet."

The next order is proclaimed and Y/N does not hesitate to follow it as he gets off the ground and stands tall in all of his colossal glory.

????: "Now, turn around and take off the cloak."

He lets out a small exhale before placing a hand on top of his head and gripping onto the cloth.

Y/N: 'Moment of truth.'

The captain takes a single step forward before removing his hood and turning around, only to find an incredibly recognizable cast of characters present who also grow surprised once they lay their eyes upon him.

Levi: "Y/N?"

In front of him, Levi stands with a musket rifle and a puzzled expression as Hange walks up from behind and joins Levi's side.

Hange: "W-What!?! Y/N!?! You're alive!?!?!? How!!!"

Finding his two closest friends right beside him, Y/N can't help but grow a small smile as the two stare at him in shock.

Y/N: "Hey. It's been a while."

Levi: "Don't you dare 'Hey' us, you bastard. How the hell are you breathing.....a-and how are you here!?!"

The smaller female's expression grows into one of anger and agitation, as the rest of the squad enters the chapel, only to replicate the same expressions displayed by Levi and Hange.

Armin: "Captain L/N!?!"

Connie: "B-But.....they said that you-"

Sasha: "A-And all the posters throughout the-"

Jean: "Hey......shut up for a second."

The brown haired scout shuts his two friends up as silence ensues within the chapel, the only thing audible being the crackling of the torchwood flame.

Staring at Levi's expecting and irritated face, Y/N lets a small sigh out and runs his hand through the ash gray hair atop his scalp.

Y/N: "It's.........a long story. And one that we don't have time for."

Levi tries to object to this but ultimately stays silent since Y/N's excuse holds some truth to it. Instead, she closes her eyes and shifts her head in another direction whilst Hange notices something odd about her close comrade.

Hange: "What happened to your fingers, man!?!"

Remembering the painful injury he sustained, Y/N turns towards his two bandaged digits on his right hand as Levi does the same.

Y/N: "Oh. They were broken by Kenny The Ripper."

Hearing his name pop up, Levi lets out a slight exhale of frustration and clicks her tongue.

Levi: "He never really held back."

Y/N: "That reminds me. We need to talk later. You and I. Alone."