18. Captive

__________________________

Your POV
__________________________

We've done it. The titan that had been chasing us for so long has finally been caught. Now, it's time for some answers, and to get those answers, quite a bit of violence is needed.

Still on the same tree branch as before, I pull out both of my blades, with Levi doing the same, ready to attack the nape of the captive monster. However, the two of us are stopped by Erwin who wishes to fully secure the Female Titan in place.

Erwin: "Wait, you two. An eye for an eye. Wave 2 and 3, FIRE!!!"

Similar to the spears which are impaled in the female titan, more are fired, resuming the barrages of bright lights and explosions that appear to have no signs of ending anytime soon. Unfortunately, that also brings up a slight concern.

Erwin: "Fire the spare rounds!"

'The soldiers must surely be hearing that. Hopefully, they don't go out of their way to investigate.'

Trusting the troops, however, I set such worries aside and focus on the titan before me as another volley of spears are fired off into its muscular skin.

Now being impaled with even more spears, it'd be nearly impossible for it to escape, but that doesn't excuse letting our guard down. After all, this sort of caution is to be taken in the case of a measly abnormal titan, so there's absolutely no competition between them and an intelligent one.

'I hope Eren and the others are a safe distance away. I don't even wanna think what could happen if this thing or the person inside this titan escapes.'

___________________________________________

Erwin: "Fire!!!'

Yet another volley of spears are dispersed, decreasing the probability of the titan escaping even further. Despite this fact, however, the nervousness seems to keep growing and growing the more we push this titan into a corner, and this same sentiment can be felt oozing off of everyone around. Thus, in accordance with this concern, it's now become my job to slice open that nape and expose the freak that's been causing us all this trouble.

Hidden in the trees above the female titan, Levi and I remain at the ready with our blades equipped, hoping to break away its arms in a quick and unexpected strike, whilst Hange takes its attention away from us or any other incoming attacks.

Hange: "How do you like that? You won't be able to even scratch an itch now. You won't be able to make a single move, probably not even for the rest of your life. They're designed so that the more you heal, the more immobilized your joints become."

She lets out a small and rather creepy giggle, the thought of gaining an experimental pawn most likely getting to her mind. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that the true monsters were inside the walls.

The greatest monster of them all being, Erwin himself. Can't say I blame him though. We've all been made this way for the sake of survival. You either adapt, or you die.

Hange: "But, they still can't draw out whoever is inside? What are Levi and Y/N doing?"

We both take that as our cue to act and speed towards the female titan's nape, reaching our target within the blink of an eye.