34. Vengeance

_________________________

3rd Person POV
_________________________

Switching perspectives from our two 'heroes', we arrive at the remnants of L/N Squad which is now being led by Levi, after Y/N's assumed death.

Whilst Y/N and Sparrow went about trying to disrupt the Royal Government's operations, the fugitives of the Survey Corps had something similar planned. However, their execution would prove to be much slower than that of the other two.

Within the vast grasslands of Wall Rose, the full moon dominates the sky, serving as a second sun and illuminating the lands between itself and the ever-stretching horizon. On the outskirts of a small forest, a small group of armed soldiers can be spotted and an interesting scene is visible.

M.P Officer: "Stop it-"

In response, all he receives is a kick before his assailant gets on one knee infront of him, revealing herself to be Levi.

You see, the very same day that Y/N and the Sparrow had tortured the two royal councilmen, Levi and the rest of the squad had stumbled upon a Military Police outpost.

It had been lightly defended, with an officer of the First Interior Squad present on site. Hastily, it was decided that the checkpoint would be attacked in order to grab this officer and question him.

Although it was quite a gamble on Levi's part, she had successfully managed to capture the target without any casualties, be it M.P or her squad.

And at this very moment, she's trying to squeeze every ounce of information out of the captive officer, with her patience growing thinner and thinner by the second.

Meanwhile, the rest of the squad stands guard, armed with musket rifles whilst somewhat paying attention to the ongoing interrogation.

Levi: "Where are Eren and Christa?"

The question remains the same, for everyone, be it Sparrow or Levi.

In response, however, the M.P officer grows a gleeful smile.

M.P Officer: "Oh, you're so brave. That checkpoint back there was just recruits who could barely wipe their own ass. You think you're some sort of hero, beating them down?"

Though, Levi being Levi remains indifferent.

Levi: "What an atrocious thing we've done."

Following this reply, she shoves her boot inside the M.P's mouth, knocking a few of his teeth out, as he tries to remove it from his mouth.

Levi: "But what's more atrocious is this mouth of yours."

Applying even more force, she pushes his head against the tree he's sat up against, giving him a slight glare.

Levi: "I recommend you start talking whilst you can still use it. Where are Eren and Christa?"

She removes her foot from his mouth, expecting to receive an answer. In turn, he coughs out in pain before responding.

M.P Officer: "It's no use! All that's left for you now is to run and hide inside these walls, covered in mud and shit!"

His eyes dilate his desperation and he holds his bloody mouth whilst continuing to spout utter nonsense.

M.P Officer: "If you don't turn yourselves in, every last one of you will get the noose! Starting with the one most guilty of all, Erwin Smith!"

Having had enough, Levi turns the M.P around and holds him against the tree before breaking his shoulder, to which she receives a painful and anguish-filled scream.