2. The New 'Recruits'

_______________

Your POV
_______________

"What's taking so long? With the way they were described, I thought that there would be complete chaos down here."

"You really ought to be more patient, Y/N. First I have to stop you from breaking the formation so you can slice apart some titans and now this?"

"I wouldn't have to if you didn't treat me like a chained animal and just let me help the soldiers. Besides, at least that's what I'm supposed to be doing, instead of running errands for the top brass."

This is the conversation that is currently transpiring between me and the blonde haired squad commander as we stand atop a roof, overlooking the dimly lit, Underground District.

"I'm starting to wonder if you enjoy being rebellious, and only against me, too. Do you think of yourself as being invincible?"

Erwin asks me, with a look of clear annoyance on his features.

'Bastard. Does he really think I'm that type of idiot?'

Me: "I'm not that type of soldier, who gets too full of himself, and rushes into combat, screaming about killing every single titan. I know that there should be a limit to everything, but even so, we're waiting here doing nothing, gambling on whether our targets will even show up or not. Besides, you could've brought Miche instead of me. He's as qualified, if not more, to handle the job properly."

Erwin: "Well, Hange needed him for something, so you were the only one I found suitable for the task. Besides, the reports say that the three of them operate quite hastily, so I didn't want to leave anything to chance and brought you along."

And there he goes again. I don't know how but he has a way with his words that would convince anyone to do as he orders. It's honestly unnerving, on some occasions.

Me: "Speaking of which, what do you plan on doing with these thugs once we capture them?"

Erwin: "Hm?"

Me: "Don't play dumb with me. I've known you for most of my life and you've never let a good opportunity such as this one slip. So, what do you plan on doing with them? Are we going to hand them over, or will we use them for our own agenda?"

Erwin: "I'll present them with a simple choice. Join the Survey Corps or be handed over to the military police and pay for their crimes. If they're smart, they'll choose the former option."

Me: "They've never seen a single titan their entire lives. What if they decide to go with option B? I'm pretty sure that they only see death, no matter what they choose."

I understand that this is Erwin's plan but it still has some flaws. He's also putting himself in danger by doing this, not only them.

Erwin closes his eyes and slowly shakes his head at my deduction.

Erwin: "You've read the reports, right?"