24. Warriors

_________________________

3rd Person POV
_________________________

After the recruits of the 104th had been secured, all of the Scouts grouped up on top of Wall Rose. The sky soon darkened, as black clouds hover over and disperse droplets of water, in the form of rain. Multiple red flags are planted across the wall, in order to signal the presence of soldiers. The Scouts have also set up a pulley, in order to raise the stretcher that Ymir is resting in, while multiple soldiers ensure that she's still balanced.

Scout: "Slowly! Bring it up slowly!"

Moblit, Nifa, and Historia watch the stretcher, with Historia being slightly concerned.

Moblit: "Raise it up carefully, now!"

Ymir is covered with the green cloak of the Survey Corps and her arm and leg are steaming, signalling that the healing process has begun.

Eren: "How's Ymir? What sort of shape is she in?"

Y/N: "Her right arm and leg are clearly bitten off. Besides that, her insides are completely beaten up, like minced meat. But, she'll be able to survive, being a titan shifter and all."

Eren looks at Ymir and thinks about her true nature, before hearing a grunting noise from behind him. Turning around, he sees Reiner finding difficulty in raising himself up with just one arm.

He runs over and extends his hand out towards Reiner. On the other side, Y/N walks back to Hange's side and checks in on Historia.

Eren: "Reiner, grab on!"

Reiner: "Right!"

Reiner clasps Eren's hand in his own and gives a cheerful smile, at Eren's brotherhood. Eren pulls Reiner up before turning towards Bertholdt.

Whilst behind them, Historia is trying to defend Ymir from Hange and Y/N, who aren't so sure about Ymir's true intentions.

Historia: "Please, believe me! I'm telling the truth! Ymir transformed into a titan to fight off the other titans and save us! She did so with no regard for her own life, which proves her loyalty to us, her comrades! It's true that her judgement until now is unforgivable! After all, she may know things useful to humanity and yet she kept quiet about it. I imagine she didn't say anything in order to protect herself. But now......she's a changed person! Ymir is an ally of humanity! I know Ymir better than anyone! She's a much simpler person than she looks!"

Hange and Y/N remain silent as they take in Historia's confident expression.

Y/N: "She certainly doesn't strike me as the heroic type, so I don't know how seriously I can take your words. Let's just hope that we can build a trustworthy relationship with her."

The three of them shift their gaze towards two scouts, who are carrying the stretcher Ymir is in.

Y/N: "After all, if she's anything like the female titan, then the information she holds is a treasure for humanity."

Hange: "But, you know........."

Hange starts walking towards the stretcher with Y/N and Historia following her.

Hange: "....even if she is a simple person, the world becomes more of a confusing mess with each passing day."

A small silence ensues, before Hange turns over to look at Historia.