30. Guns Blazing

_____________________

Your POV
_____________________

........What happened? My head fucking hurts..........

I start to stir awake from what I would assume to be a state of unconsciousness and to a throbbing headache. Consequently, my vision is still in a bit of a daze, and it feels like someone's ringing a bell directly inside of my ears, the noise getting louder with each ticking second.

?????: "Hey, is he still not up?"

Feeling incredibly fatigued, I close my eyes again, and believe this to be nothing more than a lucid dream, hearing a fake conversation play out.

?????: "Tch, how much sedatives did you pump inside of him?"

???: "He wouldn't go down easily. We were going to fire a third but he fell unconscious after two."

?????: "Three? Seriously? Were you planning on bursting his heart and overdosing him?"

???: "I-I don't think that's how sedatives work, captain-"

?????: "Well, you get what I mean. Anyways, it doesn't matter now. Pass me that bucket, will you? Let's see if this does something or not......."

From out of nowhere, I feel a cold and bone-chilling liquid splash against my face, replacing my lethargic state with an active one. Rapidly blinking my eyes in a matter of a few moments, the memories start flooding back into my mind and I jerk my head up, immediately noticing the stark contrast in the environments from then and now.

There's several key features that I can observe and feel around myself.

First and foremost, it looks like I'm inside of a dimly lit and damp room, with stone walls and a concrete floor, almost as if this is some sort of dungeon cell. Knowing the M.P's, it might actually be something like that.

The next thing that I notice is the presence of two figures within the room. One of them looks to be the same gunman that put me to sleep and the other...........he seems off.

The guy's wearing what looks to be a roughed-up, black bowler hat with a white band around its base. Moving on to his facial features, he looks to be quite an aged individual and has a slight beard growing on his face. What's already pissing me off about him is that shit-eating grin he has on his face.

Now, what makes this situation a hell of a lot more dangerous is that they're both wearing that same ODM Gear that those people in Trost were wearing. So, it's not far-fetched to assume that I've been captured. Though, I have no idea what their agenda is with someone like me.

A few seconds of silence pass before I try to question the two of them, but I'm unable to even speak, since a metal gag is preventing me from doing so.

My speech isn't the only thing that's been restricted, however, since I feel my wrists have been chained to the wall behind me, and quite heavily at that. As for my feet, I feel them tied roughly with what feels like a rope. Because of this, I'm standing straight up with my four limbs extended in each direction.

?????: "Oh, right. We should probably get that off."

The older guy starts approaching me, and yanks the metal gag out of my mouth, before throwing it to some random corner of the room.