19. Crushing Blow

__________________________

3rd Person POV
__________________________

As of the current moment, the L/N squad is moving towards the location of the spotted green signal flare, until they find what seems to be Captain L/N shortly after.

Gunther, who is leading the group, has his attention immediately drawn towards the hooded figure as they begin to climb into the air and move towards the squad's right flank.

Gunther: "Captain L/N?"

He notes that the individual is wearing their hood and has their blades equipped, two things Y/N would never do, especially not in front of his allies. Thus, immediate panic ensues once the scout realizes that this is not the man that they are looking for.

Gunther: "No, it's not. Who are you!?!"

Unfortunately for the group, all of them are just what the figure in question is seeking out and upon confirmation of their identities, they grapple rapidly towards Gunther before the unforeseen threat makes its presence known.

*Slice*

In one fell swoop, the leader of the group stops all sensible motion and his body immediately goes limp after; slamming against a tree trunk and hanging in an upside down position, much to the dismay and horror of the rest of the squad.

Eren: "G-Gunther! What!?! Why!?! Gunther!!!"

As Eren swings over to Gunther's position, he's shocked by the brutal scene before him and can't even begin to believe his own eyes.

Gunther is no longer alive.

With his partially decapitated body now hanging there, the rest of L/N Squad hastily understand what's happening and so, they prepare to enter into combat, despite the threat not seeming to be of titanic proportions. Yet, at least.

Eren: "Gunther!!!"

Having quickly adapted to the situation, Oluo flies by Eren and grabs him by the cape before throwing him forwards; forcing the boy to begin using his own ODM Gear as well.

Oluo: "Eren, don't stop! Onwards!"

Eren: "But, Gunther-"

He stops his sentence once the hooded figure appears right behind them all, which results in quite a sizable amount of hatred and mild guilt being expressed by Eren.

Eren: "Who's there!?!"

Oluo: "Protect Eren! Damnit, what do we do?!? Eld, where should we go!?!"

Eld: "There isn't time to reach the horses! Get to the HQ, as fast as you can!"