27. The Hunters

_____________________

3rd Person POV
_____________________

As the sun begins its descent and eventual disappearance towards the west, a certain part of Wall Rose is engulfed by the sounds of galloping horses. Following it, we find Commander Erwin and the Survey Corps formation travelling atop Wall Rose itself, in order to reach Hange's and Y/N's squads. It was the fastest possible route available to them, so they had no reason not to use it.

As the blonde commander and his white stallion come into view, the injured and fatigued soldiers of the 4th squad feel a sense of relief wash over them. Reinforcements have arrived and now, the pursuit for Eren can begin.

Though as the distance between the two groups shortens, Y/N can't help but feel a sense of nervousness plague him, upon staring at Erwin's face. It's clear to anyone upon first glance that the man is greatly agitated, even furious to some extent. Due to this, the ash-haired male fears that things may not go as he desires.

But then again, do they ever?

As Erwin stops and dismounts his horse, Moblit approaches him, with clear signs of joy on his face.

Moblit: "Commander Erwin, you finally made it!"

Erwin: "Is the situation still the same?"

Erwin remains indifferent, regardless of Moblit's expression.

Moblit: "Yes!"

Erwin: "Good. Deploy the lifts!"

Erwin sounds his order to the troops, who comply immediately, placing some pieces of equipment near the edge of the wall.

Out of nowhere, Moblit suddenly jerks his body, as he feels someone grabbing him by his leg. Turning his sight downwards, he finds Hange has managed to crawl over to him and is gripping onto him.

Moblit: "Hange-san!?!"

Hange: "Moblit..........get me a map."

He remains stumped for a few seconds, before acknowledging Hange's order.

Moblit: "Y-Yes!"

Moblit nods and briskly walks away. As he goes about doing that, Erwin darts his eyes around the injured soldiers and recruits, but stops as soon as they land upon Y/N.

Erwin inspects his entire figure, seeing that most of his body is covered by bandages, with some being bloodier than others. He sighs in frustration and annoyance, before walking over to the injured captain and looking down at him, in response to which Y/N gives him a deadpan look.

Erwin: "You look terrible."

Y/N: "Nice to see you too."

Erwin: "What's the extent of your injuries."

Understanding that Erwin isn't in the mood for jokes, Y/N looks down and runs his hand over his bandaged chest, before rubbing his right forearm.

Y/N: "From what I've heard and felt, a few cracked ribs, along with burns across my chest and arms. It also feels like there's some bruising. Maybe even a couple torn muscles."

Whilst Y/N keeps listing the damage he received, Erwin grows slightly annoyed but manages to keep it hidden.

Erwin: "Hmm......They sound severe. Safe to say, but you'll have to sit this operation out."