12. Special Operations Squad

_____________________

3rd Person POV
_____________________

In the early morning of the following day, the L/N Squad had left Trost without much delay and can now be seen moving on horseback towards an undisclosed location, where Eren would be kept under check, at least until the cadets from the 104th arrived.

Passing through a small forest and not straying from the dirt trail, Y/N leads the group, while Levi stays at the end of the group, keeping a keen eye on Eren. The rest seem to be surrounding Eren and are busy glancing towards their direct envelope in caution, with Oluo detailing the history of their destination, despite no one asking him to.

Oluo: "The former Survey Corps HQ. Originally, it was a castle we remodeled, so it certainly looks imposing. But being so far from the rivers and the walls, it ended up being useless for the Survey Corps. It was established right after the Survey Corps' formation, when ideals were all they had. But I never imagined that this giant ornament would end up being the perfect place to hide you."

Eren, who was previously staring at Oluo and listening carefully, turns around, only to find Levi gazing at him, menacingly. Unsure of how trustworthy the boy is, a deadly aura looms around her, as she keeps looking at Eren with suspicion.

In turn, the titan shifter decides to simply face forward again and direct his attention to the journey ahead, only for Oluo to approach Eren's face and attempt to intimidate him.

Oluo: "Don't get cocky, new kid."

Oluo speaks in a manner which is clearly imitating a certain ash-for-hair male.

Eren: "Huh?"

Oluo: "I don't care if you're a titan. I can't believe Captain L/N and Corporal Levi will spend all their time with a brat like you-"

All of a sudden, he's cut off when his horse steps on a rock, causing him to accidentally bite down onto his tongue, to the point where it spurts blood everywhere and starts bleeding.

Y/N: "Get the message, Oluo. Maybe you should try shutting up for once."

That certainly manages to get a chuckle out of the squad, besides Levi, who doesn't care, and Eren, who's just confused.

___________________________________________

Soon after, the group reaches their destination and they all gaze up at the rundown and dilapidated structure before them.

The very first base of the Survey Corps, a symbol of hope and ideals for all, is now reduced to nothing more than a historical landmark.

Some could even say the same about the Survey Corps.

Regardless, upon arriving in front of the castle, they all dismount and scatter into smaller groups of two, with Petra and Oluo ensuring Oluo's wound is fixed.

Petra: "It's no wonder you bit your tongue, talking up a storm while riding a horse!"

Oluo: "First impressions are important. The new kid almost pissed his pants."

Petra: "I think he was just surprised by how dumb you are."

Oluo: "Either way, my plan worked."

Petra, who notices something different about Oluo, gives him a disappointed glare, backing up as she does.