Chapter 3

The palace is huge and elegant. It really replicate the description of all the books in all library.

Well, I barely remember the exact size that the book said, but...argh! Nevermind. The palace is enormous, period.

I'm in front of the palace, still inside the car, waiting for signal from for me or for us to come out. I'm already wearing viel and only half of my face revealed. This is one of the palace protocol. I don't know their reason, and I don't want to know why. Actually this is good for me. No one will ever know my face. I mean, those ladies who also participate the selection.

I'm nervous as hell. Me being inside the palace, make my heart beat fast and loud. I already made a wish for the ground to open and swallow me. By that, I will not go further.

I'm hugging the stuffed that was gave to me a while ago. I keep on playing it's ear to calm myself. It help me a little, but everytime a court lady or a palace maid pass in front of the car, my heart will beat faster.

I jump when the door beside me suddenly open.

"Apology young lady if I scare you." The driver said without looking at me. He bow his head a little deep as he utter his apology.

"It's okay. Do you need something?" I nervously asked.

"I just want to inform you that Court Lady Daisy is approaching. Please prepare yourself."

"Okay. Thank you."

The man bow his head and close the door again.

I check the veil I am wearing if I tied it tight. Then, I let out a deep breat, inhale and exhale to calm myself.

I look in front of the car and a young court lady standing in front of us. She is saying something that I can't hear, then, for the second time, the door beside me open.

"Young lady, you can step out now." The driver said in a very respective tone.

Once again I inhale and exhale and slowly step out the car. A palace maid approach me and shed me under the umbrella she is carrying.

"Welcome young ladies to the palace. This will be your home for a month or forever. Please come with me and meet the ladies of the palace. They are all waiting to you at the main hall." The court lady said loudly.

For the third time, I let out a deep sigh then start walking. We are all in silence. Only the sound of our heels can be heared, aside from the chirp of the birds flying above us.

As we are approaching the main hall, my heart beat louder. My hand is sweating, and my throat become dry. My mind went crazy, thinking a lot of scenario that might happen. Honestly speaking, I want to back out. I want to turn around, went back inside the car and asked the driver to sent me home. My legs is getting weaker.

We stop in front of the big door. Court lady Daisy turned around and face us.

"I hope that you all know the basic  manner when facing royalty. We are not restraining you on what you want to do, but please be mindful of your act. We are all observing you as we are selecting a queen."

"Yes madam." They answer in unison. I didn't answer. I can't open my mouth honestly. I just answer in my mind.

The door open and we all enter the main hall. We are ushered directly to the vacant seat by the palace maid.

We all remain standing with our head slightly bow down. One of the palace or royalty rule is never look at the royal family straight to their eyes or face unless they told you so.