Chapter 4

Everything went stop. My heart beat loud. My body become rigid. I can fell his breath on the top my head.

"Look up lady, let me see your face."

His voice is so manly.

I swallow many times. I close my eyes. I let out a deep sigh and slowly lift up my head.

My eyes meet his gaze. His hazel brown almond shape eyes is like a black hole. It's sucking my soul put of my body.

My eyes got wide when he raised his hand and reach my veil. I move my head to avoid his hand, but he used his other hand to stop my head.

He cupped my face gently. "Don't move." He said in a very soft voice.

"But your majesty..."

I put his finger on my lips  to cut my words. "Shh. Relax."

Then a cover suddenly surrounds us, excluding the two of us from the others. His hand reach my veil string on the back of my head and gently untie it. His other hand then remove the part of the veil that covering my face.

"Lovely, beautiful, gorgeous. Unearthly beauty." He said as he look in every inch of my face.

I did not answer nor utter any words. I should say thank you, but  I can't speak. All I can is to look at his perfect face.

He has a prominent jaw, a lips that is perfectly shape and shade, and a proud nose. His skin is like a delicate porcelain. And his smell, it addicting.

"Hiding your beauty is such a waste, but I want to be selfish." He said, then he put my veil again. He tied it at the back of my head, making his face closer to mine.

I swallowed the lump on my throat and try to calm my heart. My knees are trembling, luckily I can still hold myself.

"What is your name lady?" He whispered in my ears. I immediately got a goosebump. His voice is like a music to my ears.

"Nathalie Solia Cardinal your majesty." Silently I thank myself for not stuttering.

"An unearthy beauty and a lovely name. Such a perfect combination." The king said then he reach for my hand and bring it to his lips. He looked at me as he planted a kiss on the back of my hand.

I gasp on what he did and it make the king laugh.

"Alistair Maxence is my name. Remember that."

My eyes got widened again. I immediately bow my head. "I'm not worthy...."

I couldn't continue what I was about to say because he cupped my face and slowly lift it up.

"Your worth of everything, my lady."

Then he flicked his hand. A man that looks like in 40's enter the cover and stand behind the king.

"Yes your majesty?" He courteously asked.

"I want this girl to stay on the room near my bedchamber. Make sure that he is well guarded. Give him the best and trusted palace maid. If someone touch and harm her, you know what to do."

"That's not necessary your majersty. I humbly declined what you want to happened. I am not worthy of all...."

"If I say it's an order, will you defy what I said."

I gasp and immediately kneel down. The seriousness of hia voice make me shiver.

"I dare not to." I said.

A hand lift me up gently. The king low his body and clean my knees and dress. He then look at me and smile.

"Then it's an order."

"But..."

"No more but lady. It's an royal order."

I didn't answer. I just nod my head and let out a deep sigh. Defying an royal order or decree will cost you a life. And what this king did is abusing his power over me.

He smile for the last time and bring down the cover by his own hand. Immediately bow down my head and muttered a lot of words.

The whole thing ended with a simple lunch. The king eat with us with the reason of I WANT TO KNOW WHO JOIN THE SELECTION. But hell with that reason of him, his eyes never leave me. I can feel his stare. I can also caught him everytime I loom at his direction.

As the king's order, my bedchamber is separate to the other. I was put beside the king bedchamber. I have seven maid with me who serve me. Palace guards are also standing outside the room.

I plop my self in the bed. I'm just done taking a bath and the maids are cleaning all the things I used.

I stare at the ceiling and start thinking of all the plan I had. I suddenly sprung up and make the two maid startled.

"What is it young lady?" Lanie, one of the palace maid that will stay with me the whole night.

"I just remembered something." I answered.

"Would you mind if I asked what is it?" She courteously asked.

"Not at all. Actually I will ask the both of you about it."

"You can asked everything young lady."

I let out a deep breath. "Stop calling me young lady. I'm not used to it. Just call me Ni... I mean Nath."

"I'm sorry young lady, we can't call you like that." Sharon, the other maid said.

"Why is that?" I curiously asked.

"The king strictly said that we should address you young lady. And it's an order."

"Order my ass." I murmured, making them shocked. I shrugged my shoulder.

"Anyway, I just want to asked something." I said, shifting the topic.

"Go ahead young lady." Sharon said.

"As far as I know, the king or either the prince is not allowed to participate in the selection process. Is that correct?"

"Yes young lady." Lanie answered.

"Then, why is the was their? Why did he suddenly appeared in the hall a while ago?"

"Because going against everyone wants will make everything excited."

We all look at the door. Lanie and Sharon immediately fell on their knees and made their greetings.

I grabbed the blanket on my back at cover it to my body.

"What are you doing here your majesty?"