Chapter 21

NIEL'S POV

"Ali, are you mad at me?"

"No."

"Then why are you not talking to me?"

"I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"This."

"A ring? Is this for me?"

"Mm."

"Why are you giving me a ring?"

"I'm asking you to be my wife."

"Huh? Ali are nuts?"

"Why? Because we are still kids?"

"Yes."

"I'm not asking you to marry me right away. That will be against the palace rules. But I want you to be mine."

"You want me to your fianceé?"

"Mm. Will you accept it?"

"What if when we grow up and you find someone then you love him or her more than me."

"That's not gonna happen."

"How sure are you?"

"1000%."

"Then, this one is mine."

I wipe my tears and reach the ring on the necklace I am wearing.

I have this since I remember it. I thought it was a gift from my parents since I have it in my neck the moment I woke up in the hospital. I never remove it from my neck unless of course I need to take a shower.

I smile and hold tight on it. It's my engagement ring. Funny that I was engaged to Max since we are child. Funny to know that I tries to got away to him, where in  from the start I am his.

"Crying again? The twin will kill me for sure if they will see you like this." I look at Max who is wearing his sleepwear. He is holding a tray with food.

"I don't know why I'm crying to he honest." I wipe my tears and wait for Max to put the tray in front of me.

He looked at me, confused of what I said.

"I remember everything , Ali." His eyes got big of what I said. "Funny thing is, I don't know how it happened."

He looked away. "I did it." He said in a low voice.

"What did you do?"

"I asked the doctor last night to inject the prototype of the antidote we create. I test it to you to see the effect. Never thought that it will cure you right away."

"Say that again, Max." I said in a very serious word. "You made me a test subject?"

"Don't get it wrong." He hold my hand and squeeze it gently. "You are the only one who got the poison. You took it for me. That is why you lost your memory."

I remember that night. I was in the palace. My father is with the king and I'm with Max and Yin, his cousin and also a prince. Then a revolt happened. Rebels entered the palace and create a chaos. Palace guard make sure that we are safe but, something happened.