Chapter 11

I dedicate this chapter to AnayaMewSaint. Thank you for my awesome book cover. I really love it.

----------------------------‐--

My body went cold. It was like a water full of ice poured out in me. My world stops because of what Duke Louis said. I can't hear anything aside from my loud heart beat.

How? How did he know who I am? Is he that good when it comes to knowing things? Is the rumor real that the Duke is a secret agent?

But why? Did the king asked him to do it?

I laughed.  But of course. Rumours said that he is not interested in anything aside from books. And him investigating something or someone is because the king asked him to do it. After all, he is the kings assistance.

If the king is the one who asked him to investigate me, then, did the king already knew it?

I heart beat louder. My nervousness seems like hit the highest level. The first thing that came up to my mind is my family. Their safety. If the Duke already know who I am, it is not possible for the king not to know it. My family safety is at risk.

I immediately stand up. I need to go home. I need to hide. Me and my family need to escape and it has to be a far place. We need to flee to the place where the king will not reach us.

This is what I'm afraid of. For them know who I really am. And what worst is, I was not prepared for it.

Who should I blame? My father? Myself? Of the suddenly change in the process?

No one. I should blame no one. From the very beginning there is a huge possibility for the king to know who I really am. The road we took is too risky and I'm aware of it but I still pushed it through. I should not had under estimated the royal family. I shouldn't be complacent.

"Young lady, where have you been? Why did you just go back now?" Lanie asked me.

"Why?" I curiously asked.  Concern and anxiety were evident on his face.

"Why? Seriously young lady, you are asking me why? Young lady, it's already night. We've been looking for you for a while."

I looked around in astonishment and I was shocked to know that it's already dark. It's night already.  I didn't notice the time.

Then, a realization hit me. I didn't say goodbye to the Duke. Is he even there with me? I don't know if I left him there or he left without telling me.

Arggh! Whatever! What important now is I'm here already and I need to escape.

"Sorry if I made you worried. I feel asleep." I lied.

"What is the difference of that place to your room young lady? You seem comfortable in that place than here?" Lanie asked, pouting her lips.

"Simply because she can be with the Duke in that place without anyone knowing."

My eyebrow raised spontaneously as Megan came out of nowhere with her friend that I don't know if they are her friend or she just force them to be one so that she can said that she gained friend here.

"What do you need and why are you here? I asked. I'm annoyed with her presence.

She really took an effort to came here. What a show!

"Why are you asking? Am I not allowed to come here? Why? Did you own this place?" Megan asked.

"If I say yes, what will you do?"