Chapter 31

NIEL'S POV

Sharon and I pass through a narrow and dark path. Only a flashlight carried by Sharon lighted our way. We both fell in silence. I'm trembling. I'm scared. My children are not with me, there is chaos outside.

"Your highness, are you okay?" Sharon asked me as she carefully holds my hand. She walked in front of me, guiding me in every step.

"My kids. I want my kids."

"I received a message from Anna. She and Princess Charlotte are with Prince Archie. They are on the way to the safe room. As for the crown prince, the king is the one who will get him.

I did not answer. I can't be at ease if I don't have my children with me. I don't know what's going on. All I'm thinking right now is my kids and myself.

The sudden chaos in the palace seemed to bring me back to reality. A reality that I don't know if there is a place for me. The life I have is still chaotic. My personality is chaotic. I don't know who I am. I don't know if I'm a woman or a man.

I was born a girl but grew up a boy. How? I don't know. Even though I may think that magic did it to me, I still can't believe it.

The kids in my dream, the flashes of images I saw in my head, I cannot connect it. It's like I'm building a puzzle with a thousand parts.

It is a big joke of destiny. I hope this is just a dream. It is a long dream, and I want to wake up soon. I want this to end and live a normal life.

"We're here Your Highness." Sharon opened the mental door. We greet by the light coming from inside.

I went in. I scan the room with my eyes. The room is spacious, enough for at least 1ten families that consist of five to six members. Fully equipped. Beds, chairs, long dining table. There is also a tv, sink and cooking utensils. There is also a fridge and oven. Though there is no window, I can still breathe well as if there is enough oxygen in the place.

"What is this place?" I asked Sharon.

"This is one of the hidden rooms inside the palace. But this one is the most secret. The late king built secretly."

I turned quickly. An old man is standing right behind me. His age is maybe 60 or 70. He is tall and has a fair complexion. He has this aura that even if you don't know what he is and who he is in this place, you have to respect him.

His hair has a strike of white same with his beard. He has a big eye bag and a beautiful smile. But that smile was opposed by the sadness, tears, and longing in his eyes.

"Greeting sire." Sharon greets the old man.

"No need for that, Sharon. It's just the three of us here." The old man answer however, his eyes remain on me. I also couldn't take my eyes off him. I don't understand, but I feel pain in my chest. It's like my heart is squeezed hard. My tears flowed spontaneously, something that made me even more surprised. Who is this guy?

"My baby." The old man said. He runs towards me and hugs me tightly.

I was shocked by what he did. My hand voluntarily embraced his body. My tears kept pouring down like rain. I couldn't stop crying. The warm hug penetrates my heart. It eases all the worries I have but gives me pain and longing.

"I missed you, my baby." His voice is trembling. His hand that caressing my head is shaking.

"Who are you?" I asked. My hand and my voice are shaking as well.