Chapter 19

NIEL POV

"Should I come with you?" Jerah asked as she putting my staff on the hotel cabinet.

I looked at her and shook my head then continue tapping Reigh's butt.

We are at the hotel and I'm trying to put Reigh to sleep for an hour and finally she closed her eyes. She is excited to enter the palace tomorrow that despite how tired she is playing with Hayes and Max, she can't sleep. She's hyper the whole day, that I have to scold her just to put her in bed.

"Are you sure?" Jerah asked again.

"I will be fine Jerah. Beside stop acting as if you are worried about me. If I know, you just want to see Prince Hayes."

"I don't!" She hissed at me making me giggle.

"If you want to talk to him, he's taking rest outside."

We both look at the room door. Max is standing there, with his arm cross on his chest and his body leaning on the door.

"Good idea." Jerah immediately answer. She put down my clothes and went out the room. She didn't even bow to Max.

I shook my head. When it comes to Prince Hayes, Jerah tend to forget anything and everything. She is whipped and bewitched by the prince.

"Can we talk?" Max asked as he made his way inside the room.

"About what?" I asked as cold as I can. I even shift my gaze to Reigh who is trying her best not to leap out of the bed. Her body is tense. I know she want to play with Max again but that will not gonna happen. She knew how strict I am when it comes to their sleep and nap time. She don't want me to get mad because she knew what will happen.

"Everything. About the kids, about us." He sit on the other side of the bed.

"About us? Is there even US?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

I let out a deep sigh. Since last week, when I was discharge from the hospital, we never had a talk. I even went back to Idris to arrange everything. Actually, he came with me that time as if he don't have a kingdom to rule.

When I went back to Cardial with Jerah, he also come with us with all his men scorting us. He go with what I want and I did not heard any complained from him.

I treated him as nothing the whole time. As if he is not existing. I never talk to him. Not once, but he remained silence. He never started any conversation between us. Only today. Seems like his patiencr run out already.

To be honest, I don't want to talk to him. As much as possible, I want to avoid him. That is the only thing I can think as a solution in our situation. Less talk, less worries.

"Just tell me what you want to say Max." I said. I make sure that I am sound irate.

I heard him let out a deep sigh. "I want a good conversation with you. I don't want to shock you anymore. So please, talk to me." Max plead.

"Papi, talk to daddy." Reigh butt in. I glared at her. She look at me using her puppy eye that looks like almost at edge of crying. "Please papi. Talk to daddy okay?"

"Did I ever teach you to butt in at adult conversation?" I asked Reigh.

"No. You said that it is wrong to butt in at the elders conversation. But you also teach us to reason out if we know that we are in the right side. You also said that not because you are older than us, everything you do and said is right and we are always wrong." Reigh reason out.