Chapter 15

NIEL'S POV

Going back to Cardial way back when was a child is very exciting. It was like I'm going to a place where I can see all my favorite heroes or all the cars that I want.

But now, it's an horror to me. I am trembling. I'm nervous. I'm scared and there is a lot of what if in my mind.

What if Max saw me? Will he catched and detained me in the prison? If yes, what will happened to my twins? What if Max know that they're his? Will he get it to me? Will he register it under the name of his queen?

If yes, of course, I will fight for it. The hell with their status. The hell of everything. My kids are mine. I will fight all my rights to them. They can kill me if they want, but I will fight with everything I had.

I inhaled as deep as I can. My heart beat is so fast that I find myself having a difficulty in breathing.

"Nervous?" I looked in the person beside me. Archie come with me. He said that I might need help like someone who will bring me to the hospital if I collapse once I set my foot in Cardial. I smacked the hell out of him, but I let him come with me. I really need someone today.

"Kinda." I answered and smile nervously.

"Relax. It's not that the king will know it right away. It take days, like month before they palace know about the newly registered kids."

"Really?"

"Yes. I asked my father about it last night. You know, he was a former worker at the registry office and he is the one who always delivered the list to the palace. He said that before they delivered the list in the palace, they need to sort out everything first. You now, novelty status, elites or commoners. So it takes time."

"That's good to hear. I still have time to look for a new place to hide."

"Again? Don't you like the king know about the twin?"

"Yeah. I will hide them as long as I can. There is no point to let the king know or let the king find us."

"Why? The twins and king has the right to know about everything."

"For what Archie? The king already has a queen. If they know the existence of my kids, specially Ryu, it will turn everything in mess."

"Why do I hear some jealousy?"

I glared to Archie. He just laugh at me at ruined my hair.

"Why do you escape anyway?" He asked me.

"It's a long story." I looked outside the window.

"Make it short?"

"I got scared."

"To what?"

"To everything." I turned to Archie. "I'm not a normal person Archie. You see? I'm a man, but I gave birth. I deceived the royal family. I made a huge sin. And what worst is, I just found myself in love with the king."

"Don't you trust the king? He love you."

"It's loved Archie. I trust him. It's myself that I don't trust. I didn't even know who I really am."

"Is that even important? I mean, does your memory important? Does the old you important? The king love you, Niel."

"For me yes. Because it feels like Max loving another person in my presence. I mean he is saying he love me but it feels like it's not me."

Archie just nodded his head. "But Niel, the twin deserve to know who they really are."

"I know, but not now. I really don't have the courage to face the royal family. I'm scared. I'm scared not only for myself, but for Reigh and Ryu. There are lots of what if running in my mind. I'm scared of the possible humilation."

"I understand. I support you on all your decision. If you want hide, I'll find a perfect place for the three of you."

"Thanks Archie." I smile at him.

"Everything for you, Niel."

The moment my feet touch the ground of Cardial, I feel weak. The nervousness I feel became worst. I almost fell on the ground, luckily, Archie hold me tightly.

Being here really scared the hell out of me. I got this feeling that I was being watch. That a lot of eyes is on me while in fact the people are busy with their own business.

I became paranoid out of the blue. If Archie is  not with me, I might went back to Idris right away.

"This is new." I murmuredas we went inside the Registry Hall.

"Yeah. Is Cardial under the family planning ordinance?" Archie said.

There are few people inside the Registry Hall. As far as I know, this building is one of the busiest place aside from the malls and parks. Every day, the hall is pack with lot of people from all over the city. But now, you can count in hands the number of people inside.

"Maybe." I jokingly answered, but to honest, the scene make me more nervous.

"I think this much better. You can finish you business here immediately and you can visit your parents. Maybe we can go home before the night fall."

"Yeah." I agree.

We went straight to the first window where the process of registration start. I gave all the paper needed and fill out the form given to me. I also paid the total amount for the registration

As expected, the process went fast and smooth. After an hour, I'm done with the registration of the twin and I already had their new birth certificate with me.

"Let's go." I said to Archie. But the moment we stand and turned around,the person who I am afraid to meet went in.

"His majesty, King Alexander is here." A voice boomed in the hall.

I was stunned. My hearbeat stop. Everything around me stops. I can't see anything but him. I can't hear anything but my loud hearbeat and his footstep.

He didn't change. He's still handsome and has the most intimidating aura.

"Niel, kneel." I feel the hand pull me downward. I feel on my knees. I feel the pain. I hand push my head to bow down and by that, I was back to reality.

My body is shaking. I throat dried. I tears suddenly fell from my eyes.

I am expecting for us to meet someday. The world is small and he is the king, but I never expect it to be today.

Why? What is he doing here?

I can't breath. My vision blurred. I feel dizzy. I squeeze Archie's hand with all the strenght I have before the darkness took me.