Chapter 28

MAX POV

As soon as the sun kissed the earth, I made my way towards Reigh's bedroom, where for the second time it was there that Niel slept.

Reigh, again, threw tantrums despite her promise that she will behave. She got excited about everything she could see in the palace. She gets hyped that even his brother can't stop her. She ended up so drained and tired that she can't sleep anymore. Her nanny and Ryu did their best to put Reigh to sleep. In the end, I let Niel go to our daughter. As much as I want him to be with me, our daughter needs him more. He also doesn't talk to me even though we are in the same room. I seemed like an invisible person to him, so I let him sleep with Reigh. In addition, it gives me more time to think.

The whole night, I weighed all the consequences that might happen. Things that can happen if he knows everything and things that can also happen if he knows nothing. I ended up with the conclusion that even if doesn't know anything, he will be doomed and still be doomed to be in danger. That person will still use him to make me obey all his commands and demand. If somehow he has an idea of what is going on, he can somehow be prepared. Moreover, it will not affect our relationship.

So, I made a decision, a firm one. I let him know all, but not in one drop. One information at a time. I don't want to drop all the bombs in front of him. I'm afraid that he can't handle it.

Niel might be a strong person. Someone who can stand against the storm, but the truth is, he is too fragile. That's why I yelled at him so much. For me, he is like a fragile porcelain cup that if I just hold it in the wrong way, it can be broken.

He's a fighter. I agree with that and I will not argue on that matter. But if it has something to do with his family, that is a different story.

I saw it once. That time, his father was sentenced to death with my own father, the late king. He collapsed as soon as the decree was read to their house. He has had a high fever for a week. He keeps on crying even if he is asleep. He also stayed in bed for almost three weeks because of that incident, and I don't want that to happen again. Not in my watch, not in my reign. So, as much as possible, I don't want him to know anything. It made me scared. Scared of what will happen to him. But I think what I want will not happen.

"Your Majesty." Anna and Sharon greeted me immediately the moment they saw me. They just came out of the room. They both carried a basin and a towel.

"Are they awake?" I asked the two.

"The prince is still asleep, but the queen is already awake, Your Majesty." Sharon replied politely.

"Thank you."

They step aside and let me pass through. I didn't even bother to knock because I might wake up my princess. I got inside the room and immediately closed the door. Morning air is still cold despite the sun already up in the sky. And my mother instructed me that I need to be careful every morning or evening. Cold air was not good for Niel's health.

I slowly approached the bed where Niel was sitting while lovingly watching the sleeping Reigh. He is wearing a blue bear panda printed pajama.

"She looks like an angel." I whispered in Niel's ear and sat down behind him. Niel was surprised at what I did so I barely laughed. I hugged him from behind and rested my chin on his shoulder blade. I gently massage his stomach. He loves belly rubs. That's what put him to sleep when he was young. I once witnessed it when I watched him sleep in his room.

He is not used to sleeping alone. That time, his mother held a congratulatory party for his father in their house. The maids are busy serving all the guests and so is his mother. No one will accompany him to sleep. So, he dragged me into his room and let me watch him sleep.. I just let him drag me as I had nothing to do in the party. I was bored and didn't even understand what my father and other elders were talking about.When we entered the room, he immediately went straight to the bathroom to clean and change his clothes. I felt ashamed. I was in his room with him and it somehow.. inappropriate. It is inappropriate for me to be there alone with him. After that, he immediately lay down on his bed. He pulled his top sleepwear up to his chest, revealing his flawless belly. He then started rubbing his belly up and down. I was confused and shy. I just keep watching what he is doing until he falls asleep.