Chapter 10

I slammed my butt on the ground and let out a deep sigh. My one on one lesson just finished. As usual I put no interest on what the teacher is saying. I pretend that I heard nothing.

I let out a deep sigh again. I pick the small stone beside me and threw it in the lotus pond.

Though pretending, paying no attention on every lesson, making a mess in everything is my original plan, I just realized that it is tiring. I'm tired, I'm drained.

I'm not prepared and I don't have plan on the changes happened and I can't even plan on the spot. There is something than stopping me to plan on everything and I don't know what it is.

Ever since I step in this place, this is the first time I feel tired. I want to stop everything and back to my original self and seriously, I don't know why. I just feel I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to pretend anymore.

Maybe...no, this feeling of mine has something to do with Max. With his everyday confession of his love to me. Maybe, I'm not tired of what I am doing. I am tired of the king. His every night visit in the chamber, his every day confession and the everyday rumors in the palace between us.

I'm tired of avoiding everything he does. I'm tired of avoiding all his questions. I'm tired of all the things that is happening to us. That is why I'm also tired of pretending. I want to be real in front of him. I want him to know that I am not a girl.

But how? If I do that, I'll put everyone in my family in jeopardy.

I looked at the sky. I let my mind wonder. I start thinking of all the possibilities that might happened if I encourage my twin to participate this selection. By that, I can't help myself to smile. Imagining my twin face while the king confess to her. And on how she will react? I bet she will punch the king right away.

"A hidden beauty is something that astonished everyone."

My thoughts flew away. I immediately turned my head on my right side. Right away, knowing who owned that baritone voice, I stand up and make my humble greetings.

"My greeting Duke Louis."

"Forget the formality. No one is here and I hate it." He said.

I did not answer. I stand straight but still my head bowed down.

I meet Duke Louis yesterday accidently. I'm just wasting my time in this place when he arrive together with the palace guards. According to him, he is just loittering around as the king is currently busy. I don't beleive it though.

I don't have enough information about him as I really don't have any interest about the royal family. The small information I know about them is from Jerah and most of them is about prince Hayes.

Duke Louis is king's cousin on the father side. It is said that the duke is the most friendly among the royal prince way back when the previous king is still alive. He has a big connection with the people of the kingdom and he is not bounded by the royal rules nor palace rules.

King and the duke are best friend. It is said that since Max take the throne, the duke work with him side by side. The king take care of the palace and the minister, while the duke take good care of everything outside. He connect with people, take their concern and relay it to the king.

Their is also a rumor that Duke Louis work as a spy for the ministers outside the palace. He is the reason why the king is aware of everything they did even without stepping out the palace.

He is the silent and the sharpest sword of the king. The hidden reaper of the kingdom that only follow kings order. A silent but deadly person.

"A great blessing for us royalty to see an unearthly beauty like you Nath." The duke said.

I did not answer. I hate how he choose his words because I don't know what is the real meaning behind it. I'm not as smart him.

"Do you need something your highness?" I don't want to be rude to him. To be honest, I like his presence. I want to befriend with him, it's just that, I hate the way he talk. Feels like I am talking to a poet.

"I just want to talk to you." I was shocked when I feel his finger under my chin and lift it up. He smile then he remove his hand.

"Innocent eyes with a beyond perfect beauty is a perfect match. No wonder my cousin is head over heels to you." The duke said. He sat on the grass. He looked up at me then tap the space beside him.

I obligue. I sit beside him. "I don't asked him to like me." I murmured.

"Liking someone is not something you can command or ask to someone. It is a feeling that vouluntarily came to a person."

"I'm not comfortable with it." I honestly answered.

"Because?"

"Because I am not worth of it?"

"Why?"

I shrugged my shoulder. I don't want to answer it. I'm afraid that I might say something.

"It is the heart who choose a person. With the help of the eyes, brain can tell if the person is worth of it."

"Please use simple sentence." I said, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"Do you know that Max is very careful of who he will love?" I looked at the duke and shook my head.

He smile and flicked my forehead. "For Max, loving and choosing a person he love should have a agreement between his heart and head. For him, it is the heart who choose the person and mind is the one who will decide if that person worth the love that his heart can offer."

"I bet his mind disagree with his heart because it's me that his heart choose."

"I disagree. His heart and his mind choose the same person at the same time and that is you."

I laugh. "Then they choose a wrong person."

"You think so?"

"Yes."

"What if I tell you that the king love you since you where young?"

"Huh?"

Instead of explaining to me what he said, Duke Louis utter a words that shocked every single cell in my body.

"It's been a long time since I last saw you, but your face never change. You still have an unearthly beauty that always amaze me, Niel."