Life When All is Well

Yeah someone asked for an update so update was delayed a week and then this is finals week so this is a day later than I would normally update on top of that. I've finished two essays and an exam in the last 24 hours and I'm dead tired.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Camp ended up being rather enjoyable for the most part.

I spent the mornings with Annabeth going over old myths more than Ancient Greek. It was comfortable and really interesting.

Annabeth was delighted by my interest, most got a bit annoyed when she started info-dumping but I needed to learn as much as possible so I paid close attention to everything she said. And when she ran out of facts she knew she started digging up more myths and stories for me.

We spent hours debating interpretations of the myths and studying the different versions and agreeing that Rome kinda sucked. Lord D had so many myths, and I even learned that Poseidon was older than I thought. One upon a time He was the ruler of the Gods with Demeter as His Queen.

I learned so much about the myths that I'd never known before and started to form my own opinion on things.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Archery with Khiron was now with the Apollo cabin as well. Khiron thought it was fine since there was only one of me, but... I was a bit uncomfortable.

They'd avoided me before the quest and even though I knew why I couldn't help leaning away from them. My stomach twisted uncomfortably when they talked with me.

They were nice and happy to work with me despite how bad my archery was but... I felt off. I couldn't help feeling betrayed for how they left me like that and I didn't like the feeling. I just wanted things to calm down but I couldn't relax with them.

I didn't want to make a big deal of it, they were being nice now after all, but it was still awkward when Lee offered me advice on shooting the bow. His brown and blue eyes were bright as he corrected my form.

It didn't improve anything but he did try.

I got to know two Apollo kids named Elizabeth and Tobias when they tried to bond with me over failing at archery. They were nearly as bad as me but... I did remember seeing them from before my quest. They'd avoided me just like everyone else.

I didn't bother to change my archery time despite that, I didn't want to start a fight.

Was it bad I was only comfortable with a few cabins?

The Hermes cabin was easier to be around because unlike the Apollo cabin some of them apologized. A boy named Alabaster said sorry for avoiding me after and his sister Aponi said that it wasn't nice of them to do it. A few others said they were glad to see I was okay and they felt bad for leaving me behind like that.

It helped some, I could be around them without feeling so awkward.

It was still hard though.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Lunch was usually very relaxing. I made my sacrifices to Triton and the others then settled down to eat.

The camp had an interesting system.

Since the Gods went all around the world there were a lot of different cultures here. Everyone here was religiously Hellenic Pagan (that was what it was called to worship the Greek Gods in the modern day), but many still followed the culture of their mortal family. And some people had personal reasons for eating certain foods. The camp handled all the variation by having five menus.