I Play Pinochle With A Horse

And we have finally reached camp! Hope you all enjoy.

4/2/2022

Come yell at me on tumblr: Percabeth4Life

Come chat with me on discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

OO OO OO OO

I drifted in and out of dreams.

OO OO OO OO

The pit yawned before me, sand shifting over my skin, coiling around me with rustling leaves settling over me. A voice whispered as I swayed in the dark, words of water and injuries and plans rustled in my ears.

It was soothing in its familiarity and I mourned as I slipped out of its hold.

OO OO OO OO

A spoon was in my mouth, filled with something tasting of the sweet fish that Triton shared with me, except it was a pudding.

A girl with curly blonde hair hovered over me, lips curled up as she scraped drips off my chin with the spoon.

Her eyes widened when they locked with mine and she quickly looked behind her before leaning closer.

"What will happen at the Summer Solstice."

The Solstice? "Wha-"

She glanced behind her again.

"What's going on?" she whispered. "What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks please-"

"Ha-" Hades.. His thing was... "Taken."

"What?" she hissed. "What does-"

Someone knocked on the door and the girl quickly filled my mouth with pudding.

OO OO OO OO

The familiar red light of Okeanus' palace shone down on me. I blinked slowly, staring at swirling decorations, shifting tapestries, shining floors.

Okeanus wasn't there, oh wait no- that was Him. I blinked up at Him. He was glowing, but He always did that. I thought he did at least.

Faint murmurs curled over me. A hand landed on my hand, I jumped. Soothing energy flowed over me with a glow-

Oh that was Tethys-ran, when did She-

I stumbled as She pulled me forwards.

OO OO OO OO

A husky blonde was standing in the corner of the room, watching me with a hundred eyes.

Blue eyes blinked at me from his cheeks, his forehead, and the backs of his hands.

"... what?" I muttered.

OO OO OO OO

I stumbled through the night, howls from beasts and storm winds shattering the darkness.

"Come on! We're almost there!"

A girl with black hair, plastered to her face by the rain, in a leather jacket was leading a little blonde-haired girl, and a taller blond-haired man. Running alongside them was... Grover?

They were struggling up the hill when the black-haired girl stopped.

"Go!" she yelled, shoving the younger girl to the older boy. "I'll hold them off!"

"NO!" the little girl cried as the blond-haired boy held her tight.

"Go! You have to get to safety!"