The Prophecy Comes True

I had fun with this, Izzy hated me when she looked at bits of it.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

The fourth of July celebration was bittersweet.

It was a newer thing for the camp to celebrate, Khiron said it was to 'keep us connected to the mortal world and remind us we were part of both worlds'. Some campers liked it if only for the food and fireworks, some didn't because it wasn't part of our heritage.

Plus a lot of the campers weren't even American.

It was a lot of fun despite that. We got food, sodas, sweets, and we got to relax on the beach. There were cool fireworks showcasing the myths, and a few showing dramatic events in the modern day.

On the other hand, Grover was leaving.

He was all packed up with his arm crutches in hand. We'd tried to offer him some of the gear we'd gotten on the quest but he'd refused all but two bottles of unicorn draught and one energy potion, which were both safe for satyrs. I also gave him a sand dollar in case he found a river needing cleaning.

I was pretty pleased with that sand dollar. It was mostly stable and able to draw in power, even if not as fast as it should be.

Annabeth gave him a charm like the bracelet and necklace we'd gotten before the quest. We'd worked together on it for him.

It was shaped like a water-reed with a prayer to Pan on it: Onwards, into the wilds, with faith.

He sniffed and put it around his neck.

"Thanks guys."

Annabeth and I watched together as he shouldered his pack and got ready to leave.

"We're gonna miss you, Grover," I said.

He straightened, turning to us again, "I'm gonna miss you guys too."

"Stay safe," Annabeth insisted. "You have enough tin cans?"

"Yeah and got the medical supplies from Percy."

"What about your reed pipes?" She continued.

"Yes, I've got that too."

"An extra hat in case you lose your first one?"

"Annabeth, Jeez," he huffed with a faint smile. "You're like an old mama goat."

I threw my arms around him, ugh he was taller than me. He hugged me back.

"Where will you be going first?" I asked as I pulled away.

"Kind of a secret," he said apologetically. "I wish you could come with me, guys, but humans and Pan..."

I nodded, trying to shove away all of my worry.

He'd be fine, everything will be just fine...

Maybe I could ask Triton to check in on him occasionally. Just to be sure he was fine.

"Well," he said, licking his lips. "Wish me luck."

"Good luck, Grover."

"You'll do amazing," Annabeth said.

We watched him walk away with the lights of Hercules wrestling the Nemean lion lighting his retreating form.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

I stared in confusion at the bottle on my dresser when I woke up. It was a clear stylized jar with a little lightning bolt charm hanging from around the neck.