The Crossroads of Destiny

POV switched to first person.

Hope you enjoy the chapter! We finally reach a little bit of canon.

4/2/2022

My PJO discord is here: https://discord.gg/QMEve7T

My tumblr is @percabeth4l1fe

OO OO OO OO

Moving into my dorm was rather fun.

Since my roommate hadn't arrived yet, I got to pick my side of the room. I grabbed the one by the window, looking down on the courtyard with a fountain.

I made my bed, it was a different size than my one from home so mom had bought new bedding for it. We'd found a pretty blue one on sale. My clothes, school, old ones from home, and new ones from Triton, went in my dresser. My rainbow stone and star globe went on the table by the bed. All my school books and books from Triton went on the small bookshelf, along with my other assorted trinkets.

And of course Carl the Goldfish's fish tank got set up and placed on the back of the desk.

I didn't quite understand why Carl the Goldfish wanted that name, but... he liked it?

After all of that I pulled out my collection of Avatar dvds from the bottom of my back, along with the candy from my mom. I hummed as I set the Avatar dvds in their place of honor on the bookshelf, and tucked the candy away in a drawer.

I'd heard there was a sequel of Avatar coming out and I was very excited. I hoped Katara was in it.

I sat on my bed, looking around my side of the room. It seemed fine, there wasn't anything missing .

Except Triton.

Or my friends.

Or my mom.

I hated boarding school already.

I wanted to be home.

Carl swam in a circle and told me to do something other than sulking.

I huffed, debating for a moment. Everyone was moving in still, so I couldn't really explore campus. Classes didn't start for a few days still...

I needed something to do just in my room-

Oh! I could practice my ocarina.

I hopped up and grabbed it off my bookshelf, along with my music book, then plopped back on my bed to practice.

I left my book shut for the moment, I would just start with warm up tunes. I really liked playing the ocarina, the music was really nice and the ocarina itself was a lovely blue, and shaped like a shell. The dense coral it was made out of was really nice to run my fingers over. Fun texture.

I started with the warm up tunes, getting back into the groove. I had these mostly memorized, just a sequence of notes that let me practice the tune jumps.

Once I finished the basic ones I flipped my book open to the actual songs, landing on Hova Himne. It was the simplest tune in the book, nice and simple but pleasant.

This was one I knew from memory, I'd practiced it dozens of times, so I didn't look at the page.. My goal was to know all the songs from memory, to really show how good I was at it. Triton Triton promised that if I got good enough by the Winter Solstice then he'd give me the next book on the Siren's Song.

I started playing Hova Himne, the light tune trailing through the room. It twined like river currents, twisting and turning and dancing through the air. Short, sweet, and a bit playful.