Q&A and Kidnappings

Final chapter! Starts with a Q&A and then has the bonus scene and ends with some bits of Halmaheran!

THE NEXT BOOK IS OUT

Sorry for the late update, last week was my birthday and the day summer classes started and well... I had a project due today so it started quickly and I was a bit overwhelmed.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Where do you look for information? - HermsP

Well, depends on which information I'm looking for. If it's related to the books I either pull out the relevant book (I own all of them) or I pull up the wiki for a summary of it. Of course, the wiki isn't always accurate, but it's a good resource, at least for name info and side mentions.

If I'm looking for info on culture, it depends. I generally talk to people in my discords and ask about their cultures. I have people of many religions, ethnicities, sexualities, and abled statuses on the server and many are very kind and willing to answer my questions. It's super helpful.

The rest of what I do for information is from my classes (I'm taking multiple that actually cover the stuff I'm including in my story), or general internet research. School resources are also helpful because I get them for free as long as I'm a student there, so lots of high-quality resources.

I also try my best to have at least two sources to confirm the information, I know some resources aren't accurate, so I try my best to ensure I'm using good ones. Obviously I probably still make mistakes and miss things, you can't learn everything from reading. Hopefully I do a decent job being accurate though!

Are you planning to involve sea deities from another culture?- HermsP

I do! I'm really excited to delve into it all, I've been doing a lot of research for it and I think it'll be really fun. The main focus will be the Greeks, but I will be including quite a bit of fun lore and a big focus on the undersea conflicts and interactions.

what inspired this story?- Randomfandomwoman

The sudden rise in activity in PJO and Avatar did! Some people I followed commented on an Avatar AU for Percy Jackson, and I just... got an idea. I didn't expect it to get this long honestly. Originally it was just gonna be a little one-shot/two-shot but uh... I'm bad at ending things.

do you plan on doing the hero's of olympus in your rewrite? and if so, how do you plan on doing the whole kidnapping hit? i can't imagine that the sea kingdoms would take kindly to the prince being kidnapped, but in interested to see how the romans react to this percy.- happy_little_trees3

I do! I'll be completely revamping that entire story arc, the whole thing. I'm including hints throughout the first five books, there've even been a few this book ;). The biggest hint is a few books away, but I'm excited. And you'll have to wait and see for the kidnapping bit, don't want to spoil everything. But you're right, if Percy was kidnapped the sea would not be happy about it.

How did you come up with the suffixes for the undersea royalty?-happy_little_trees3

Well, I really like the idea of suffixes being used for names. For one, it puts the name first, and two, they can be so customized. It's like Japanese suffixes, though those only partially inspired the ones in my story. It sounds better to me, to have them at the end. It's also a good way to show respect and show how comfortable they get with each other by how formal they are.

In order to come up with them I use the Tahitian Language (which I am not a speaker of but I have found a few decent translators and dictionaries) which falls under the Halmaheran Language group (yes the Halmaheran language in my story is named for this language group). I don't take them straight from the translations mind you, but they're inspired by the translations I can find. Some words don't directly translate, so I have to get creative.