Three Old Ladies Knit Socks of Death

Well, here's the next chapter! I hope you guys enjoy it, we're almost to camp!

Come yell at me on tumblr: @percabeth4l1fe

Come chat in my discord: https://discord.gg/5Xf49S5

4/2/2022

OO OO OO OO

It was a good thing I knew about the Godly world and what Ms. Dodds was, otherwise I would've been completely lost.

As it was, the constant buzzing surrounding everyone was driving me nuts .

The normal buzzing around Mr. Brunner and Ms. Dodds hadn't been bad, it was... natural almost. Something that I could vaguely recall as being a part of Triton's presence too.

But this-

This rattled my bones. This ached something fierce. This put my teeth on edge.

Someone did some sort of magic, it had to be, that tricked everyone into thinking Ms. Dodds never existed.

I didn't think of how I killed her. I didn't think of the feel of my blade slicing into her shoulder. I didn't think of her scream as she died.

I shook my head and focused on the buzzing shaking my body. It blanketed me, pushing down on me and trying to bend me to its will.

It couldn't, even when I didn't shove at it. I figured it was my purification skills keeping me safe from... whatever the spell was.

Thank Pontus for Vapaloa.

Despite it not being able to influence me, it still sent shivers down my spine and rattled my bones and was very annoying. The only place somewhat free of it was my room.

Because notably, Grover didn't have that buzzing around him.

He had a faint buzz, now that I was looking for it. But it was like whispers of a bee, rather than building-shaking-buzzing.

And of course, he was a horrible liar.

I asked about Ms. Dodds too, asked him where she was (I knew, I killed her) and there was always a hesitation. He always looked away, bit his lip, eyes wide.

He always lied.

Mr. Brunner's buzzing hadn't changed either, but that didn't make him any less suspicious. If anything it made him more suspicious.

He had thrown me the pen that was a sword that was a pen.

He had argued with Ms. Dodds before.

I suspected he was the one to cast the spell.

Everyone was denying Ms. Dodds existed, insisting the sub who wasn't there before had been there since Christmas... where did they get her so quickly?

I shook my head, I didn't understand what was up with this, but it was driving me nuts.

Between the lies and the buzzing I was ready to snap.

...

Maybe this would be a good time to practice using my purification abilities to counter spells.

...

Yeah that seemed like a good idea.

(Don't think of her scream as she died)

OO OO OO OO

I learned a very valuable lesson when practicing my purification skills in math.