I Accidentally Vaporize My Pre-Algebra Teacher

Find me on tumblr @percabeth4l1fe

or join my discord for extra lore info, hidden details, or a place to ask questions that I'm almost guaranteed to answer: https://discord.gg/xtVg4fX

4/2/2022

OO OO OO OO

Ms Dodds had something against me.

She watched me with narrow eyes, always on guard for me doing something against the rules. She didn't comment on my hair length, but did try to get me in trouble for dyeing it.

The magic clinging to her itched over my skin, burning faintly of acid. But beneath that, above the sensation, filling the air was a buzz.

Cloudy and indistinct, it made looking at her too long headache inducing. Flashes of leather that didn't match her jacket, a gleam of a whip that twined along the floor. Fangs gleamed and eyes glowed red.

I rubbed my eyes and looked away.

I was good enough at math to do alright in her class despite the headache the class was. I was... afraid of what she'd do if I wasn't passable.

I wasn't worried though. There was nothing to worry about. My hands were steady and I slept perfectly.

Poseidon-re'ore has been accused of a theft.

It was all fine, Triton knew how to handle it.

Keep your head down .

I wasn't going to make things more difficult, I was going to sit in school and behave.

Do not go near the ocean.

I could handle this, it was all okay.

Do not get in contact with any in the sea.

I was alone but it was alright, I knew how to handle things alone. I'd been alone for a long time.

Stay Safe.

This was the first time I had no one around me on my side, not even mom, but it was okay.

It was fine.

I was fine.

(I was not fine)

OO OO OO OO

Ms. Dodds made it her goal to keep an eye on me, so I made it my goal to behave perfectly. I didn't dare waterbend outside of my room, made sure to keep my school books with me, and didn't even snap at someone being rude to Grover just politely asked them to move.

Nancy took that as a challenge of course, more than able to notice the close eye Ms. Dodds kept on me. She took great delight in blaming just about everything on me.

She didn't like Grover, and because I defended Grover from her, didn't like me either. Also she was totally jealous of my amazing blue hair.

I clung to Triton's lessons for any semblance of sanity in this mess.

Cause I was fine .

"There will be times when you face opponents that you cannot beat with strength. They are greater than you, stronger, more powerful, and you will lose in a fair fight."

Triton's taught me a lot, and it was coming in handy right now.

"You will always have at least two options, perhaps more. But which you use will depend on the battle you need to fight."