We Tie the Knot with Spiders

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Come yell at me on tumblr: Percabeth4Life
Come chat with me on discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

By the time we found the water park ( can't miss it , he said, it took us forever to find!) the sun was sinking behind the mountains. I could guess by the sign that it was once called WATERLAND, but some of the letters had fallen off, or been smashed, so now it was just WAT R A D.

Stylish.

The main gate was padlocked and topped with barbed wire (because so many people were clearly dying to get in there). Inside were many huge water slides and tubes and pipes and empty pools. Old tickets and advertisements fluttered around the asphalt.

Honestly, they could've at least cleaned up when they abandoned the place!

With night coming the place looked rather sad and creepy.

"I can't believe Ares brought His girlfriend here for a date," I said, staring up at the barbed wire.

"Percy," Annabeth warned. "Be more respectful."

"What? I didn't insult anyone, except maybe Ares' date venue picking skills."

She huffed, "He's a God, you can't just insult Him like that."

I shrugged, "I wouldn't go on a date with Him here, it doesn't look fun."

"Would you go on a date with Him anywhere?" Grover asked, giving me a weird look.

I rolled my eyes, "No way, He's like... ancient."

Grover snorted.

"Percy!" Annabeth cried, but she was smiling.

"What?"

"Ugh, nevermind. Let's just finish this mini quest."

We looked back to the gate.

"So... how should we get in?"

" Maia! " Grover's shoes sprouted wings.

He flew over the fence, did an unintended somersault in midair, then stumbled to a landing on the opposite side. He dusted off his jeans and grinned at us as if he'd planned the whole thing.

"You guys coming?"

Annabeth glared at the fence as she grabbed the fence to start climbing.

"Hang on a sec," I said, crouching in front of the padlock.

"What are you gonna do? Pick the lock?"

I pulled out some water from my waterskin and coated the lock. A flick of my fingers and the water froze. I shattered it a moment later, the lock falling to pieces with the lock.

I pushed the gate open, "There."

Annabeth snorted, "Lock picker extraordinaire."

I stuck my tongue out.

We moved in, looking around. The shadows grew long as we walked through the park. We checked out the different attractions, trying to find the Tunnel of Love ride. There was Ankle Biter Island, Head Over Wedgie (a really tall waterslide), and Dude, Where's My Swimsuit?

Most of the attractions had equally dumb names.

There weren't any monsters, and other than the faint scent of hot metal (left over from the heat of the day I supposed) there wasn't anything really noticeable.