I Am Offered a Quest

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Come yell at me on tumblr: Percabeth4Life
Come chat with me on discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

After lunch I had to figure out my schedule. Maybe I could join the Aphrodite cabin?

I sighed.

Setting up the basics wasn't too hard. I kept Ancient Greek where it was (three days a week) and put music after on Mondays and Fridays. Archery (which was required at least twice a week, ugh) went on Tuesdays and Thursdays after Wilderness Survival, and had Arts and Crafts after.

I put forge time on Wednesdays before canoeing, which was after music too. Then of course was lunch. I gave Horseback Riding a three hour slot because I could and added it on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.

Arena work went after lunch Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays while Monster Assault went after Horseback riding every day but Sunday. The only things left were free time and helping in the Strawberry Fields, though I did add Infirmary Assistance to my schedule too so that I could learn some healing.

After dinner were the assorted games, all but Capture the Flag were optional and switched off week by week.

"That's a good schedule," Carl said cheerfully. "You'll learn a lot from that."

"That's good. I want to make the most of my time here, I'm way behind on land mythology stuff. If it's not connected to the sea I only know the bare bones of it if that."

"You'll catch up," Carl assured me. "Lots come to camp not knowing anything at all. You're ahead by those standards."

"I don't feel ahead," I grumbled.

"Try to do more myth work in Ancient Greek, ask your teacher to make it a myth discussion too."

"That's a good idea, Carl. I'll have to talk to Annabeth about that on Monday."

"I'm full of great ideas," he said smugly.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm gonna take a bath then head to the strawberry fields. Today is all free time since I haven't logged my schedule yet."

"Have fun!"

The bath was very relaxing and the mini waterfall felt amazing. I was going to miss the bath when I went home. And there were bubbles!

I spent way too long in the bath.

After that I changed into fresh camp clothes then headed off to drop off my schedule with Lord D (Khiron was teaching class apparently) and then left for the strawberry fields.

I had my ocarina and music book so I could play for the plants while I was there. I wanted to improve more at Siren's Song.

The fields didn't have many people out, but I waved to Imani and Darius (another Demeter child) as I settled into a comfortable spot.

I'd only been playing for a little bit, I was trying to get one of the songs that the satyrs taught me to sound right, when I was interrupted.

"Hey Percy."

I looked up, lowering my ocarina as I saw Katie Gardner and Miranda Davis coming over. Katie was the cabin head and Miranda another member of the cabin. They'd both been nice to me so far and I couldn't help but brighten.

"Hey Katie, Miranda. What's up?"

Katie stopped in front of me, her eyes furrowed as she looked me over. Her brown veil was pinned back like a bun today, probably for working in the fields.